St. Mary's Church

The churches played a large role in the growing mining town, and St. Mary's representative, Fr. Manogue and the nuns contributed greatly to the welfare of the town's population. They cared for the spiritual and medical needs of both the rich and poor. Their charitable works were rewarded by the grateful townspeople. After the fire in 1875, John Mackay and other wealthy miners contributed handsomely toward the reconstruction of the church building and donated precious gifts, including the huge silver bell that hangs in the belfry.


| Home | Shows | Events | Special Events | Hotels & Casinos | Wedding Chapels | Restaurants | John Evanoff's Nevada | Free Coupons | Reno Business Listings | Message Board | Virginia City | Attractions | Free Activities | Art Galleries | BJ Loss Minimizer | Helpful Links | Tipping Guide | Taxis and Limos | Reno's Parks | Golf Courses | RV Parks | Reno Entertainers | Reno's Bus Service | Senior Services | Local Reno Artists | Downtown Casino Map | Lawyers & Legal | Bars & Clubs | Day Spas & Health Clubs | Website Design
All content on this site © VisitReno.com, 2017
and may be used with permission.
~ Site designed and maintained by John Muller 775-829-8425 ~

Web hosting by ActionWeb.com