Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you use room safes while in Reno ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAPA

PostPosted: Jun Thu 25, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Do you use room safes while in Reno ? Reply with quote

Do you use room safes while in Reno or traveling ? I like and use them. Why carry more on you than need be especially, if you were to use the pool area or you just need walking around money.
lvbear584

PostPosted: Jun Fri 26, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Absolutely, yes Reply with quote

A problem is that many hotels in Reno do not have in-room safes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: www.TheBearGrowls.com
stan_allen

PostPosted: Jun Fri 26, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: (I usually put the hotel soaps in the safe) Reply with quote

I was trying to think of how many rooms I've been in that had them, and I had no terribly distinct memories...but isn't that true of everything while whooping it up in Reno??

Clearly not, for there are some who actually bring substantial bankrolls and such...oh, well, just one more advantage to enjoy in my cheapskate, low-roller status!
mommy2boys

PostPosted: Jun Tue 30, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the main reasons why we stay at the Eldorado is that every room has a safe. We only bring down a little bit of money at a time (we tend to think about getting more money instead of blowing through it). We leave valuables and I leave my wallet in it (just take down my purse w/ id, cash, & room key.
Ryder

PostPosted: Jun Tue 30, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: How Much? Reply with quote

I have never really ever won that quantity of money that I have needed to use an in-room safe.

but if I ever hit that 9 out of 9 on keno......maybe I will try them out
ErininSD

PostPosted: Jul Thu 09, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use them randomly, I mean how many times do you hear about thefts from a room, especially in a nicer hotel?

If I have a large amount of cash, I will lock it up during the day when the maid comes through, but honestly I have handbags lying around that cost more than the cash I have.

I remember I had won a fair amount of cash at Harrahs a few years ago and the safe in my room actually had a key. If you lost the key it was something like $30 for them to open the safe. I ended up sticking the key in the toe of one my shoes in the closet. I was too afraid I would lose it...LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: