Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dining out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qcumber1860

PostPosted: Mar Sat 07, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Dining out Reply with quote

WE are visiting Reno March 11-13 for our anniversary..staying at Eldorado.....anyone recomend a FINE Mexican restaraunt in town??( authentic...cooking using cillantro...tortillas made from scratch..etc) OR a choice for Fine Dining(Prime rib..Seafood) want it to be nice for our annivversary
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Sun 08, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Aliens land in Reno! Reply with quote

Hey Q.

Although I haven't been there in years, Bertha Miranda's reportedly has very good Mexican food.
http://www.berthamirandas.com

Mi Casa Too reportedly has good food.
http://www.micasatoo.net Note: their food looks better than their website.

I've had some awesome meals at Ruby River Steakhouse across the street from the Peppermill.
http://rubyriver.com

Other than that, I got nothing.
remano

PostPosted: Mar Sun 08, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John's suggestions are right on. For authentic Mexican (cilantro & onions, forget the cheese and gravy) I would suggest Beto's on W. 5th, about 3 blocks from Virginia St., but the ambience has all the charm of a McDonalds about to be converted to a pawn shop. Another good Mexican place is El Adobe, about a half block off Virginia Street on Arroyo, behind the antique mall. That's about half way between downtown and the Peppermill. For something different we like El Pescador (Mexican seafood) on E. Plumb about three blocks off Virginia.

For a special occasion (if price is no object) I would recommend Lou Lou's at 1470 S. Virginia St., Fourth Street Bistro on 4th Street (what a coincidence) about a mile and a half west of Virginia St., or Washoe Grille, also on 4th St., past the Bistro and just before you get to McCarran. For Italian you can't beat La Familia downtown on E. First, just across the river from the Siena, or ZoZo's in the shopping center at Moana and Lakeside. For Chinese/Asian it's Palais du Jade on Moana just east of Lakeside or Bangkok Cuisine on Mt. Rose Street (not highway) about a half block off Virginia St.

Enjoy!!
jerry

PostPosted: Mar Sun 08, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: to save me researching Reply with quote

Couple weeks ago, someone mentioned good (and cheap) Mexican food out east of Rock Blvd. I'm thinking, maybe, on Glendale, out toward McCarran.
Anyone want to remind us of that one, please?
jerry

PostPosted: Mar Thu 19, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Doggone, Jerry, I like your softball=themed avatars Reply with quote

Oh, wait, I'm Jerry. Oh well, I still love my softball (and friends).

Hey, after all my endless, fruitless research gto find the Mex rest, I drove up to it this week. Amazing. turns out I had eaten there years ago.
It was El Rosal and in about the location I thought.

Pretty good. Not overly sauced, etc. Just plain good Mex food.
Gotta run and check outta my room.

Anyone interested in signing onto my softball team. We have some good new recruits who look good with ball and glove in hand.

Thanks, Other Mod!!! for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: