Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2/2 - 2/5 trip
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommy2boys

PostPosted: Feb Sun 08, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: 2/2 - 2/5 trip Reply with quote

We started our trip with a wonderful drive up the hill. We were surprised about how little snow was up there, it is going to be a dry summer for sure Sad .

Unlike the last trip we made, every machine we touched we lost. We couldn't win money to save our life. Oh well, we had fun playing.

On the morning we were going to go to VC, fate made it so that wasn't going to happen. We woke up late, I had a bad hair day (which made me take much longer to get ready) and we got stuck in an elevator for 40 minutes. Once we were saved from the elevator, we deceided that we shouldn't risk driving so we took a walk around downtown. The fitz looks so sad now that it is closed.

We had a good time, even if we lost all of our money. I feel good about the fact that we helped the Reno economy with our gambling and shopping trips. Hopefully we will win back some of our loses during our next trip.

Erin
hawk

PostPosted: Feb Sun 08, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: short TR Reply with quote

thanks for report, Erin. Enjoyed it.
Whose elevator did you get stuck in? Was that where you stayed?
RenoLady

PostPosted: Feb Mon 09, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Sierra's are playing "catch up" on the snow now. You probably just got down the hill before it started!

Sorry on your losing trip, we seem to have more of those sort that the even/winning, lately. However, like you, we feel we're doing our part to help with their economy. Hey, we degenerate gamblers can rationalize anything, eh?
stoneman

PostPosted: Feb Mon 09, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: M2B, thanks for the TR Reply with quote

Yeah, it's always fun even when we lose (which is ALWAYS with me).

I, too, am interested in where you stayed and whose elevator impacted your VC trip.
BTW, regarding the latter (the VC trip), I have always felt that, "when you've seen one Viet Cong, you've seen them all".

Again, thanks for the report.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Feb Mon 09, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Win some, lose some Reply with quote

Win or lose, it is at least good to relax through play - good for you, for adding your trip report, even without big winnings!

And this is simply further testimony for why there should be video poker in the elevators.
mommy2boys

PostPosted: Feb Mon 09, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got stuck at the Eldorado. It was a complete fluke, they had turned off the bank of elevators just as the doors close with us inside. THey were painting the opposite bank and by mistake shut off our bank. The poor guy who answered the emergency phone was more freak out then we were. It took them a little while to figure out what had happened but once they did were got out.

It sucked that we lost this trip but hopefully our next one will be a winning trip.

Erin
alison

PostPosted: Feb Tue 10, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin,
Did you stay at Harrahs this trip?

Bummer on being stuck in the elevator. I think i would have had a panice attack myself.

Alison
mommy2boys

PostPosted: Feb Wed 11, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison

We stayed at the Eldorado like we always do. They always comp our suite and I like staying downtown.

I am really surprised I didn't have a panic attack. I hate tight spaces, but I was to busy laughing for it to really hit me. My hubby knows that I dont' do well in small spaces so he kept me laughing the whole time. By the time I started to getting a little freaked the doors opened. If we were in there much longer I probably would have freaked out.

Eriin
stan_allen

PostPosted: Feb Wed 11, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Comp my suffering Reply with quote

You'd think they'd give you some comps for your trouble!

You probably weren't of a mind to at the moment, but that would have been a great moment to get some room/food/gaming vouchers....
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Wed 11, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Comps Reply with quote

Unlimited elevator rides for life!
stoneman

PostPosted: Feb Wed 11, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: comps and more comps Reply with quote

$100 in free play on the elevators' VP machines -- but only good so long as the doors stay closed.
That would definitely reduce my panic level.

And more, free cocktails served via the elevators' ceiling door.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Wed 11, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Scary stuff Reply with quote

That must have been scary as hell. Last week Marlene and I were going up the escalator to the Peppermill parking structure when it stopped. We were stuck there for over half an hour.

Next time, I'm taking the stairs.
stoneman

PostPosted: Feb Thu 12, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: truly scary... Reply with quote

What a frightening experience for MARLENE.. Is she in therapy?
sockmonkey

PostPosted: Feb Fri 13, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks John for leaving me on the escalator.. I finaly got someone to get me offf.. No thanks to you....I know she was a blond and had a white parrot on her shoulder, but come on seriously.. I did go the a theropist but he has met you and he said I was hopeless. Or maybe it was that your jokes were hopeless....any way I've sent you the bill $.37 Be sure to check your mail box hourly....
stoneman

PostPosted: Feb Fri 13, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: I AM SPEECHLESS!!! Reply with quote

No dignified response possible from these lips (or should I say "fingers"?).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: