Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I ran into Jerry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: Nov Tue 11, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: I ran into Jerry Reply with quote

What are the odds? I just returned from a trip to Laughlin. One of my favorite watering holes is the Boiler Room at the Colorado Belle. It is one of the few places that has bartops video poker with comp microbrews in a non smoking environment. They also offer full pay Bonus Poker. The food is not too bad either.

Anyway I starting chatting to the "gentleman" next to me, and it sounded like someone here on the board. Yes, he said I am Jerry from Visitreno. Well, my wife and I spent the next 3 hours or so chatting away and with Jerry and his wife, drinking the free microbrews to excess. Let's see, I had the Amber, Golden, Pale, Stout and the special of the month Imperial Ale. To borrow a baseball term: I hit for the cycle. Jerry and his lovely wife were trying to keep up the pace, but they go for a different style of drinks. Jerry had some Green drink (Aqua?) with an enery drink. I tried one just for fun too. Somewhere along the way we had something to eat too.

Jerry and his wife are very nice people and we enjoyed our visit. At one point his wife started laughing and relayed to Jerry that the Gal next to her said she thought Jerry was "hot". I think it must be his shaved head? So, I asked Jerry to ask her if she thought I was hot too. ?? Jerry said it would take at least two more strong drinks before she thought I was hot. Shocked Oh well--- some have it, and some don't. Good for you Jerry!!!!

Jerry said they were leaving Laughlin and should be in Reno now I believe. I think he said they were meeting up with John. So, I it is possible that one of those birds could be perched on Jerry's nose at this moment.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 11, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Isn't that a Disney ride? Reply with quote

Yes, it's a small, small world. That's pretty cool you ran into Jerry in Laughlin. I'll be running into him at 4:00 today at the Fireside Lounge for imported beer happy hour. Jerry's a good guy, but don't tell him I said so.
RenoLady

PostPosted: Nov Wed 12, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be Jerry! In Laughlin chatting it up with CA Swede one moment, exchanging witty banter with John, the next. I bet there was even a Vegas moment in there too......
jerry

PostPosted: Nov Wed 12, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: YES, INDEEDY, RENO LADY Reply with quote

tHERE were indeed some LV moments as well. Bjut nothing tops spending time with board members.

Steve Wynn insisted we be his guests for three free nights and gave me a bunch of his money to play on.
Nice place but I still prefer the Tuscany rooms at the Pep in Reno where I spent the last two nights.

New steak house is open and progress is ongoing. I think the Spa and night club are open this weekend. Beautiful job.
But the hallways are FREEZING in Tuscany. Workers said it's computer controlled.

Great meeting Mr and Mrs Swede. Lovely people as are all the people I have met through this board. Look forward to meeting more in the future.

But, Reno Lady, you don't wanna "Be Jerry".. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: