Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comments About Shows?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zydeco

PostPosted: Oct Wed 01, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Comments About Shows? Reply with quote

Enough of the Fitz news, sigh.

Anyone see the new show at the Eldorado, Aphelion, a Cirque-rip off, I mean Cirque style production? I have a 2-for-1 offer....

How about Greg London at Harrahs?

I'll be there two weeks from today (Yepee) and just thinking about evening activities. Would love your feedback. Although just sitting and enjoying a number of adult beverages also sounds good.....
stan_allen

PostPosted: Oct Wed 01, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Cirque Du Puree Reply with quote

"Cirque De Soleil" is pompous enough, but "Cirque-Style"? Yeesh. Cheesy with a capital "C".

Of course, I am cynical - many people enjoy these shows, and I don't wish to take anything away from them.

My money would have been on seeing "KC and the Sunshine Band" at the 'Leg, but I think that's already gone by.

I vote for Greg London.
Zydeco

PostPosted: Oct Wed 01, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheesy? You bet! Swiss or Brie is what I was thinking. Under the right circumstances (good pals, great booze), a little cheese can really take the stress out. I love this kind of cheesy show. I miss Greg Thompson Productions at Harrahs (Lipstick, anyone?).

But , truth be known that I have indeed seen KC and the Sunshine Band a couple of times over the past 5 years. Danced my ass off, laughed and just enjoyed. Though that KC moves a bit slower than his bedazzled 70s days...

So, I think I'll see BOTH. One on Wed and one on Thurs.

Bring on the cheddar!
mommy2boys

PostPosted: Oct Wed 01, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen this show, but the Eldorado had a show a few years back that sounds like the same thing and I thought it was pretty good. But then again, I love all things "cheesy".

I would give it a try for a 2 for 1 offer. Anything that gets us away from gambling for a short time is worth the price. We would lose triple what the tickets cost in the time we would have been in the show. We usually try to get away from gambling for a little bit because in a weird way, we think we aren't spending as much gambling.

Long story short, I would give it a shot. If you have enough drinks in you anything can be good.

1 1/2 weeks left until we are in Reno
Erin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: