Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well we couldn't wait 1 more week...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommy2boys

PostPosted: Oct Sat 04, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Well we couldn't wait 1 more week... Reply with quote

My hubby and I couldn't wait 1 more week and my hubby needed some things for hunting, so we ran up the hill yesterday. The Eldorado didn't have my favorite room last night so we just made a day trip. We will still be going next week for 2 nights because they have my room and I didn't get enough of my fix.

We played at the Eldorado for about 4 hours and left $100 up (not bad). We then dropped by Cabela's and let's just say we really helped the economy. After that we ran into Boomtown and lost about $200, not bad considering I couldn't win there to save my life.

I'll post a real trip report after we get back from our real trip next week.

erin
hawk

PostPosted: Oct Sat 04, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: All boys have a momma Reply with quote

Erin, thanks for posting. board is a bit quiet.
Couldn't you take a different room at Eldo in order to extend the stay?
Or, did they not have any room at all?

I really like the Eldo but next trip will be a short pass-through without a single coin at Eldo. Bummer.
mommy2boys

PostPosted: Oct Sun 05, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did have some of their luxury rooms, but I'm a bit of a snob because I will only stay in their suites. I love their executive suites (2 rooms w/ a huge spa tub and living room, large dining room table, full bar, etc.) but I will stay in their players suite.

If we didn't have room reservations for next week we would have stayed. The luxury rooms are nice, but once you have stayed in their suites it is really hard to stay in a regular room.

Our original reason for going up for the day was so my hubby could buy a gun and then go back in 10 days to pick it up (we live in CA and we thought we could come back and pick it up after the CA waiting period), but Cabela's will let you buy it there and then ship it to a dealer in CA after the 10 period. He didn't find the one he wanted so we didn't buy it, but we did spend enough money to help the economy.

Erin
hawk

PostPosted: Oct Sun 05, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Not likely I'll ever be in an Eldo suite BUT: Reply with quote

When you stay in their suites, is the bar "comped"?
or do they charge your in-room drinks to the room?
mommy2boys

PostPosted: Oct Sun 05, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the bar isn't comped, but we earn comps so fast that we haven't had to pay for our rooms, food, etc.
remano

PostPosted: Oct Mon 06, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time you're in town check out the new Scheel's over in Sparks. It's twice as big as Cabela's, just off the freeway and you can stop into Western Village while you're in the neighborhood.
RenoLady

PostPosted: Oct Mon 06, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you said "up the hill" I realized you were in day trip distance. You from Sac?
mommy2boys

PostPosted: Oct Mon 06, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenoLady wrote:
When you said "up the hill" I realized you were in day trip distance. You from Sac?

We are from Yuba City, which is about 45 minutes north of Sac.
mommy2boys

PostPosted: Oct Mon 06, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remano wrote:
Next time you're in town check out the new Scheel's over in Sparks. It's twice as big as Cabela's, just off the freeway and you can stop into Western Village while you're in the neighborhood.

Thanks for the tip, I think we are going to check it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: