Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BC Dave's trip Report April 7 to 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Thu 24, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Outrage Reply with quote

Stan;

No problem, Stan. I was prepared for moral outrage and was ready to confront the storm of indignant comments. Instead just one helpful hint from you. Fixing it was easy anyway.

The old cyber-smoker raised some ire but the new 24/7 Cal Neva mystery guy has met with no reviews (so far).

Last edited by BC Dave on Apr Sat 26, 2008 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
hawk

PostPosted: Apr Thu 24, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: LESSER OF TWO EVILS Reply with quote

I gotta say, Dave, if I have to choose:
I'd prefer that you puke on me rather than blow smoke in my face.
Puke one can clean off. The smoke is DEADLY......
hawk

PostPosted: Apr Thu 24, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: SAVE ENERGY -- BATH WITH A FRIEND Reply with quote

Stan, I always check your informative subject lines.
You last wrote: ""I don't car". So does that mean that you take public transportation everywhere you go? That's great! I appreciate those of you truly saving energy.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Fri 25, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: LESSER OF TWO EVILS Reply with quote

hawk wrote:
I gotta say, Dave, if I have to choose:
I'd prefer that you puke on me rather than blow smoke in my face.
Puke one can clean off. The smoke is DEADLY......
Thanks for the tip, Hawk. I'll remember that the next time I get the urge to light up near you.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Fri 25, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: SPOKEN WITH THE TRUE ALZHEIMER'S MIND Reply with quote

"Thanks for the tip, Hawk. I'll remember that the next time I get the urge to light up near you."

That's not too encouraging since you can't remember ANYTHING.
to wit: most especially when it is your turn to buy a round.

BTW, it's your turn Tuesday (what --again, you ask. And I reply, "no, not AGAIN, but always)

Isn't it nice to have mooching "friends"?
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Fri 25, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Carpool-Tunnel Reply with quote

Dave, glad the fix didn't induce carpal-tunnel.

Hawk, that was just the system telling us all that my punchline was too long - I was trying to make a pun out of "Typo", and instead wound up a miserable failure, which one could Google.

However, the good news is that I've thought up the final iteration of the official slogan for John and Alison's massage parlor:

"Therein Lies the Rub!"
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Fri 25, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: SPOKEN WITH THE TRUE ALZHEIMER'S MIND Reply with quote

jerry wrote:
That's not too encouraging since you can't remember ANYTHING.
to wit: most especially when it is your turn to buy a round.

BTW, it's your turn Tuesday (what --again, you ask. And I reply, "no, not AGAIN, but always)
I'll have you know my memory is excellent. Since it's my turn to buy the rounds on Tuesday, I just remembered I have other plans for that time period, but I forget what they are.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Fri 25, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Hi JACKED AGAIN and OTHER FATTY OBJECTS Reply with quote

Yes, Dave, we have hijacked your thread. Still, that's not necessarily a bad thing in view of the disgusting avatar.

To the other topic: Does it seem a shame to you "other guys and gals" that, in order to tolerate my "host" on Tuesday evenings, that I have to imbibe numerous fatty circular transportation objects BEFOREHAND in order to tolerate the free drinks???
What is wrong with this picture?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Fri 25, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi JACKED AGAIN and OTHER FATTY OBJECTS Reply with quote

jerry wrote:
To the other topic: Does it seem a shame to you "other guys and gals" that, in order to tolerate my "host" on Tuesday evenings, that I have to imbibe numerous fatty circular transportation objects BEFOREHAND in order to tolerate the free drinks???
What is wrong with this picture?
I'll tell you what's wrong with that picture. And I'll tell you right now. And I'll tell everyone else, too. Oh, look - what a pretty spider.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Fri 25, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: JOHN IS WAY OUT THERE! Reply with quote

You guys may need Stan, the existential grammarian, to interpret this one for you.

Wait, John, I see the pretty spider.. Rolling Eyes
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sat 26, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: New Avatar Reply with quote

OK, as promised I have removed the offensive avatar. Instead I offer this short video I took outside the Cal Neva. The character who strolls by looks familiar but I can't quite place him.

John, Jerry and Hawk. You guys should stop talking about puke etc. You're getting kinda weird.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sun 27, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Veja Du Reply with quote

You're right, Dave. I've seen that guy somewhere, too. Maybe a dealer or bartender or showgirl?
JD

PostPosted: Apr Sun 27, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Lift your glass Reply with quote

Here’s to the “Fig”!
hawk

PostPosted: Apr Sun 27, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: ECLECTIC MIX Reply with quote

OK, "figs"; "veja dus"' and now "strolling Stans".
What is this board coming to. Kinda makes me want to : OOPS, never mind, Dave.
hawk

PostPosted: Apr Sun 27, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Something for BC Dave Reply with quote

Hey, Dave, this "getting weird" feels kinda good. You gotta try it and be like the rest of us. Otherwise, people will think you different and "strange". And none of us want to be viewed as STRANGE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: