Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We got some great offers from the Pep
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyandsharon

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: We got some great offers from the Pep Reply with quote

In my Labor Day trip report, I said we played hard and we played long days and nights during our stay at the Peppermill. Now the offers have come in. We are invited to the $150,000 shopping spree giveaway weekend of the Dec. 7-9. Plus a free $100 Peppermill gift card. We had received a $200 free play voucher to be used through Dec. 6 and another $200 starting Dec. 11. A complimentary entry to the video poker tournament Dec. 9 and 10th. 2 free nights, rest comped. A $50 meal voucher to boot. Even our host, Wow! The offers are great!" How do we say "Naw, we can't go? It's to close to Christmas, we got so much to do around here etc-------"

We are going! Leaving Raleigh Dec. 6th. Got a great airfare. We arrive in time to spend the $200 that expires on the 6th. Hope we win something from the shopping spree drawing and/or video poker tournament. We leave on Dec. 11th after we play the other $200.

I'll report back to y'all when we get back
Life is Good!
alison

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like some great offers you got. I better check my mailbox.

I wonder how much you played on your last trip? Do you have any idea? Are you guys gold players or bronze?
garyandsharon

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much coin in we had. I know we spent about $1,000 in actual gambling money out of pocket. We are gold. We are getting the extra offers because our level of gambling this last trip. Marketing dept is baiting us to come back and spend more.
Works for us!
alison

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its funny because i have a high coin in on my trips. I used to average $20,000ish and lately i have gone up quite a bit. (30,000-60,000) range. My friend and i are recieving the same free play offers which i dont get. I run thru twice as much as her. The system confuses me. I too am gold. The last few free play offers i recieved had been less then previous, yet i played more. Makes no sense to me at all. Oh well. Maybe i will have something in my mailbox from them here soon.

I just looked in my car. they sen t me free play for the same periods, only $100.00 each.....lame
srm

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alison wrote:
its funny because i have a high coin in on my trips. I used to average $20,000ish and lately i have gone up quite a bit. (30,000-60,000) range. My friend and i are recieving the same free play offers which i dont get. I run thru twice as much as her. The system confuses me. I too am gold. The last few free play offers i recieved had been less then previous, yet i played more. Makes no sense to me at all. Oh well. Maybe i will have something in my mailbox from them here soon.

I just looked in my car. they sen t me free play for the same periods, only $100.00 each.....lame

I must run in a different crowd...$20,000 to $60,000!!! I wanna be friends with you!
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: congrats! Reply with quote

hey garyandsharon,

congrats on all the comps and best of luck! I just got back and am still buzzed...another successful trip. It must be amazing getting offers like that. Definitely post a trip report when you get back, I'd be more than happy to scan a hotel map and mark where the hot machines are, honest to God I followed the same pattern I did in July and hit it big again. I'm almost thinking the place is rigged!

best of luck,
floridagambler
alison

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srm wrote:
alison wrote:

I must run in a different crowd...$20,000 to $60,000!!! I wanna be friends with you!

It sounds like alot but its not when yo uare there for 5-7 days. its easily attainable. i usually only bring about $1500.00 for my trips. I manage to rack it up over those days.
garyandsharon

PostPosted: Nov Wed 28, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Floridagambler!
I read your trip report. Very nice win!! I was sorry to hear they debited your account. Sounds so unlike the Pep's usual courtesy/customer service.
I read the menu for Biscotti's. Thanks for the review. Gary will be right on board with the flat bread pizza.

I tried to visualize where your hot machines were located. A scan of the machines sounds like an adventure of a treasure hunt. hehheee!

Allison - it doesn't make alot of sense to me either on the variation of the free play and room offers.
joeschmeaux

PostPosted: Nov Wed 28, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alison wrote:

Is it possible you play good vp and your friend is less descriminating? I think the Pep computers flag "advantage players" and comp them less. If you only play good vp, why not throw some (just a little, not too much) slots in the mix and see what comes in the mail. If you don't just play good machines, then who knows why you get the same as your friend who plays less than you. It wouldn't hurt to ask a host. Of course the Pep doesn't like to talk about how they comp, but your host might give you a hint.
I miss the Pep. My employer used to put me there, but my last trip I got stuck at Circus with all of the little gangster children -- i'll never understand how parents let their unaccompanied kids hang out at the carnival/kiddie gambling school (the midway) with all those crazy teenagers with the gang tattoos, possibly packing guns, knives, etc. Some day some little kid will get caught in the crossfire. It's a big tradgedy waiting to happen. Sorry for the big digression. The Pep is soooooooooo much nicer than Circus!
Anyway, $100 beats nothing. The best I ever get from the Pep is $10 and cheap room rates (like the Tuscan tower for $69/99). Of course, I don't have anything close to $30-60k coin in per trip, either.
Blah, blah, blah, and I'm not even drunk posting!
Good luck with your $100 free play. May it bring you $10,000!
alison

PostPosted: Nov Thu 29, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Is it possible you play good vp and your friend is less descriminating? I think the Pep computers flag "advantage players" and comp them less. If you only play good vp, why not throw some (just a little, not too much) slots in the mix and see what comes in the mail. If you don't just play good machines, then who knows why you get the same as your friend who plays less than you. It wouldn't hurt to ask a host. Of course the Pep doesn't like to talk about how they comp, but your host might give you a hint.
I miss the Pep. My employer used to put me there, but my last trip I got stuck at Circus with all of the little gangster children -- i'll never understand how parents let their unaccompanied kids hang out at the carnival/kiddie gambling school (the midway) with all those crazy teenagers with the gang tattoos, possibly packing guns, knives, etc. Some day some little kid will get caught in the crossfire. It's a big tradgedy waiting to happen. Sorry for the big digression. The Pep is soooooooooo much nicer than Circus!
Anyway, $100 beats nothing. The best I ever get from the Pep is $10 and cheap room rates (like the Tuscan tower for $69/99). Of course, I don't have anything close to $30-60k coin in per trip, either.
Blah, blah, blah, and I'm not even drunk posting!
Good luck with your $100 free play. May it bring you $10,000!

Actually i am strictly a slot player. I should be playing VP, but i dont. I had asked my friend there about it and he said i am in a level where the play is widespread. I guess she has made it in to that area as well. It just seems like when you play twice as much coin thru. Granted $100.00 is definetley better then nothing. I just am bummed that they aren't sending me the $150.00 and $200.00 anymore. Maybe i will get lucky this next trip and turn it into that $10,000.

Sorry to hear your employeer is sticking you at the circus. Thar's a bummer!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Thu 29, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pep is running a locals promotion called "Harvest of Free Play". On Mon-Thurs of every other week, points are tracked separately. If you earn a certain amount of points, you get various amounts of free play, which must be used on Monday or Tuesday of the following week. In the brochure promoting this thing, they say you get one point for approximately $25 in slot play or $40 in VP play. That seems to be the same amounts for points toward the next card level.

So, it appears you may get better offers by playing slots vs VP.
alison

PostPosted: Nov Thu 29, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you definetely earn more points on slots then VP.

so do you ever take advantage of those locals offers John?
remano

PostPosted: Nov Thu 29, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alison wrote:

That's because the house advantage for slots is much greater than it is for VP, so they can afford to be more generous.
alison

PostPosted: Nov Thu 29, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remano wrote:
alison wrote:

That's because the house advantage for slots is much greater than it is for VP, so they can afford to be more generous.

yep, exactly!!!!
Marian

PostPosted: Nov Fri 30, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been in the Peppermill in two years, yet I received the $100 coupon plus 2 nights free room. It doesn't make sense to me, unless they are just looking for some new players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: