Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRIP REPORT 11/2-11/4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Nov Tue 06, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: TRIP REPORT 11/2-11/4 Reply with quote

What's up everyone, this isn't a RENO trip report but I wanted to post it, this is the "Should've gone to RENO" trip report...and next trip I'll be doing just that.

Got a comp offer at Sam's Town in Las Vegas for 2 free nights in an A-Suite, $150 free slot play and $50 food comp so decided to jump on it at the last minute. Uh oh-it always happens that when everything's paid for but the gambling I always lose my a$$! No flight problems or debit card trouble like the case usually is, nonstop on-time flights to and from Orlando.

Between Sam's Town, Arizona Charlie's, Sunset Station, Fiesta Henderson, Green Valley Ranch, Terrible's, Boulder Station, Hooters and the Luxor I lost exactly $800 in 48 hours and had no wins whatsoever. But, the suite was awesome and so was all the free food.

Pretty simple...a short 48 hour, lose your a$$ jaunt to Las Vegas! Should've just skipped it all and saved for the next Reno trip. But going back next month to the Peppermill...anybody know if it's snowing yet? Looks like most of the resorts are opening soon. Good news is, all the marketing machines turned back on from my trip in July and now the comps are rolling in for Reno and Tahoe, can't wait to get back.

Hope everyone is doing well, enjoying everyone's recent trip reports.

floridagambler
remano

PostPosted: Nov Tue 06, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The resorts are claiming opening dates in about two weeks, but right now that's pretty optimistic. HOWEVER, the forecast changes dramatically beginning Friday, if it's accurate, so anything's possible. Things can change pretty quickly in the upper altitudes and most of the areas have artificial snow making capabilities if it's cold enough. Hope everything works out for your trip.
llkraus

PostPosted: Nov Mon 12, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: TRIP REPORT 11/2-11/4 Reply with quote

floridagambler wrote:
What's up everyone, this isn't a RENO trip report but I wanted to post it, this is the "Should've gone to RENO" trip report...and next trip I'll be doing just that.

Got a comp offer at Sam's Town in Las Vegas for 2 free nights in an A-Suite, $150 free slot play and $50 food comp so decided to jump on it at the last minute. Uh oh-it always happens that when everything's paid for but the gambling I always lose my a$$! No flight problems or debit card trouble like the case usually is, nonstop on-time flights to and from Orlando.

Between Sam's Town, Arizona Charlie's, Sunset Station, Fiesta Henderson, Green Valley Ranch, Terrible's, Boulder Station, Hooters and the Luxor I lost exactly $800 in 48 hours and had no wins whatsoever. But, the suite was awesome and so was all the free food.

Pretty simple...a short 48 hour, lose your a$$ jaunt to Las Vegas! Should've just skipped it all and saved for the next Reno trip. But going back next month to the Peppermill...anybody know if it's snowing yet? Looks like most of the resorts are opening soon. Good news is, all the marketing machines turned back on from my trip in July and now the comps are rolling in for Reno and Tahoe, can't wait to get back.

Hope everyone is doing well, enjoying everyone's recent trip reports.

floridagambler

I just left Saturday and there was no snow on the ground and it appeared too warm to be making any. The forecast for Saturday night was for possible snow, but it certainly didn't seem like it. During my stay at Incline Village, the day-time highs were in the mid-to-upper 60's and the lows were in the high 20's. A few sprinkles on Friday, but no precipitation of any significance.

Everyone on the North Lake was talking about how bad the season has been to now and seem fairly pessimistic about the year.

Hope you get snow, but I don't think it''s going to happen soon.

llk
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Nov Thu 15, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ilk, hope you had fun there. It's looking like everything's either just opening up or is opening up next week. It'll still be something to do, and since I lost so bad in Vegas I decided to go back to Reno & The Pep...next week!

Will post another trip report when I get back.

thanks,
floridagambler
alison

PostPosted: Nov Thu 15, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck on your trip!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: