Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how can Jerry do a mini-trip?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Sep Sun 23, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: how can Jerry do a mini-trip? Reply with quote

Well, I did sorta. Enroute to other places.
I did have a couple things of interest at Alison's Castle.
The machine mentioned a while back, the Hamster. I found it with a weird name like The Super Happy Cat Follies Bergeire, or some such name. I liked it, had fun.
My wife tried it, didn't like it. Later I saw her playing it again. This time she Liked it -- had a screen full of cats.

This trip turned out to offer a great (totally unexpected) treat. We checked into our nice non-smoking room and it reeked of latent smoke.
Back to front desk and they moved us two rooms down.
Opened the door and "Wow". A corner, jacuzzi room. Wish I had been there longer than one short overnight.
I love those rooms but they never offer them to us low-rollers. I loved the two walls of windows and the views.

As a matter of fact, they never offer me more than one free night per quarter. I feel that I play a lot when there -- by MY standards. The slot club person informed my wife that we had LOST $120 during the one night. That sounds to me like we put a lot of coin thru the machines.
I have never even been comped for a meal at Alison's Castle.

But, I have reluctantly imbibed a few Fat Tires purchased with John's comps.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Sep Mon 24, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Fatty-fat-fat-fat Tire Ale Reply with quote

"But, I have reluctantly imbibed a few Fat Tires purchased with John's comps."

Very. very reluctantly, I'm sure.

You know what's even better to imbibe than fat tires? Fat Tire Ale!

Sorry, I've no better for a Monday morn.

Thanks for checking in with your mini-report, Jerry.
alison

PostPosted: Sep Mon 24, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jerry!!

Nice to hear from you as always.

So you found the crazy hamster game? I never did play that stupid thing. Next time. Glad to hear your wife was enjoying it.

So no free meals at the Pep? You really do have to play alot to get anything. That's the one downfall if you are a semi low roller. If you get on a good strak and out alot of coin thru you can come out with some comps. My friend dawn usually earns about $150.00 a trip. Thats putting through about $12-15,000 thru the machines. if you play pennies, that can take forever to rack up.
Ali
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Sep Tue 25, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jerry and thanks for the trip report. Sorry you didn't have any major wins but hey, the spa suite sounds like it made up for it. Those corner rooms are awesome, in addition to the extra windows I think they're a little bit bigger too.

Glad to see you and your wife found and had fun on the Super Happy Fortune Cat (and Dead Hamster) machine. You mentioned your wife had a screen full of cats - that's good, because at $5 per spin max, I remember it took me a while, but I was bound determined to see that dead hamster.

Hey everyone, speaking of which, the IGT website finally added this machine into their database. The ones at the Pep are sit-down models. This game is a riot so be sure to play if you ever see it.

http://www.igt.com/GamingGroup/Games/game_detail.asp?toggle=ovr&pid=5.113.120&type_id=5088&pl=

Don't worry, you're not alone regarding the comps/offers...on that last trip, I won big, got bumped up to bronze level, and THOUGHT I had a lot of coin through. On past visits I had used what little comps I had earned for the coffee shop. But since that trip, I've seen...NOTHING from them! Not even another Sizzle offer (discounted tower room). I guess you gotta be gold or above. Maybe in 10 years or so it'll happen for me.

Thanks again for the report, I can't wait to go back, right now it's looking like November if not sooner.

Floridagambler

Last edited by Mammothgambler on Sep Tue 25, 2007 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
alison

PostPosted: Sep Tue 25, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floridagambler,
You just need to make more trips to reno to get your play level bumped. Smile Maybe if you get one of those jobs. Wink

I am gold level, and doubt i will ever get bumped up. You have to be a serious hardcore junky to get to the next level. I dont think that will ever happen for me. Crying or Very sad

Ali

Last edited by alison on Sep Wed 26, 2007 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
jerry

PostPosted: Sep Wed 26, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL: The Pep uses a revolving calendar for the points so they do not accumulate, as I understand it. They told me that it is always what you have done within the LAST 12-13 months.
At some other places, you can accumulate until you get to the next level.

Ali, I am trying to sneak in another mini. If I can storm the Castle and survive the knights in the Keep, I will look for the Super Preppy Happy Cat and play a few dollars in your honor. The winnings I'll retain though.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Thu 27, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerry wrote:
Ali, I am trying to sneak in another mini. If I can storm the Castle and survive the knights in the Keep, I will look for the Super Preppy Happy Cat and play a few dollars in your honor. The winnings I'll retain though.

That's not very fair, Jerry. Whenever I win on one of Ali's favorite machines, I always sent the money to her. Right, Ali??
alison

PostPosted: Sep Thu 27, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats right john! i have your trained well. Just like those birds of yours.......
CaSwede

PostPosted: Sep Thu 27, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to look for that Dead Cat machine---or is it dead hamster?, at the olde Pep. Actually I just stopped by to rub it in to Alison. I am heading to her favorite playground tomorrow. NaNa...NaNa...NaNa. Very Happy
alison

PostPosted: Sep Thu 27, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caswede,
lucky you! I wish it was going!!!

There is one of those machines kinda by oceano.

Good luck and win big!

Ali
hawk

PostPosted: Sep Thu 27, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: I beat you, Swede Reply with quote

I am heading for the "biggest little" in an hour.
Not staying at Pep though.
alison

PostPosted: Sep Thu 27, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck Hawk to you as well!

Looking forward to your report when you get back.

Alison
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Sun 06, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Fatty-fat-fat-fat Tire Ale Reply with quote

They have this on tap at the Oceano Bar and it is quite tasty. the bars at Pep have some good offerings.
When I want a good drink, I slip one of John's cards (a Super Special Executive Plutonium Level card) into the machine and the bartender reaches underneath for the good stuff. It even comes in a clean glass sans any lipstick smears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: