Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JD's Excellent adventure Part 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD

PostPosted: Jul Sun 01, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: JD's Excellent adventure Part 1 Reply with quote

D-5:

While I don't leaave for Reno for over a week, I decide to buy a new full set of tires since two are badly in need of balancing, and one has a slow leak....big mistake.

They broke a wheel stud and tell me, "...it should be just fine...".

D Day:
So on D Day(departure day) I spend from 8 am to noon waiting for them to fix the damn stud. But THEN they say, you REALLY need to have that ball joint fixed...it's not safe...". SO THAT will be another $ 400 and six hours.

Screw that, there's a reason I no longer fly, AND THAT'S IT!!!

I still wheel into Reno by 9:15pm and look everywhere for John at the P Mill Cube bar . JUST LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD BE>>>

So after two $ 75 beers at the P Mill, I head up to Virginia City...my favorite destination. I am sooooo tired, but glad I never fly. (More on this later). (John owes me for that $ 150 I no longer have)

The Washoe CLub is kinda dead, the Union Brewery has a few die hard bikers, but Sergant Major's Silver Dollar Shaft is JUMPIN !!!

Friday night karaoke is in full swing and I'm impressed by the talent (IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE) . It seems the rehersals for the newest play production and most of the (female) cast is having after rehersal wind down at the SGM's bar. How fortunate for me.

I'm immediately adopted by some of the cast and the party goes on well past my normal bedtime of 8:00 PM.

I'm awakened at about 4 am with breakfast served on the sofa where I find myself amidst what appears to be a female slumber party. I greatfully wolf down my breakfast (and regret the excessive J.D. & rocks consumed mere hours earlier)..no lunch..wait...it's dinner...from the previously day and immediately crash into the loving arms of Morpheus.

In the middle of the night, I'm certain a tiny midget with muddy boots has walked around in my mouth leaving behind a disgusting residue from his boots. A gallon of water soons clear up this problem. AH, I'm in Nevada now!

I'm really tired now...but I have reservation at the NEW Terrible Sands....and BOY do I have a story about THAT...

More later...

JD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: