Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

64 users on line LAST NIGHT?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD

PostPosted: Jun Thu 28, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: 64 users on line LAST NIGHT? Reply with quote

"In total there are 5 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 64 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:37 pm
Registered Users: alison, JD"

Years ago, John bought a software program to allow real time chat on line.

Several of us tried it a few times on one pre arranged day of the week and time. It never really got off the ground because if no one was in the chat room, people left instead of waiting for others to show up.

Now I have a hard time believing there were 64 users on line yesterday like is listed on the bottom of the page, but if you ever see a bunch of users you wish to real time chat with, may I suggest posting on any thread:

CHAT !

Then race to:

http://visitreno.com/chat

I'll wait five minutes, then whoever is late has to buy a round of drinks.

JD
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Jun Thu 28, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: The proof's right here! Reply with quote

JD,

THANK GOD someone else besides me saw this, I thought I was hallucinating and even emailed John about it!

Last night here on the east coast I was on and happened to capture this moment in real time. I happened to notice this at the bottom (such a moment, I took a screen snapshot of it!)

Then about 5 minutes later ErinInSD left and Stan came on. Then I sent John this email:

-------------

To: john
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:39 pm
Subject: A broken record?

Hey is this for real? Right now it says there are 64 users online, 62 guests and 2 registered people, me and Stan, it says this is the most people that's ever been on at one time:

In total there are 64 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 62 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 64 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:37 pm
Registered Users: floridagambler, stan_allen

I guess that's right now! That's alot of guests!

(can you tell I've been on this computer waaaayy too long?)

-------------

Can someone to tell me how to cut an paste an image in here, I'll send it to you!

floridagambler[/img]
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Fri 29, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See...and you guys thought this was a slow board. Here's the truth in the matter: it's Googlebot indexing the entire site, which it does on a regular basis. I could block it from the board, but it's fun getting listed under strange search terms. At one time visitreno came up #1 under "Stretch Hummer" because someone asked about them on the board.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Jun Fri 29, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 at one time is impressive even if it includes the entire site. I think most of them came to check out Erinin's new avatar. Laughing Actually one person checked out the site from the Reno Library, and there were 60 people in the library at the time. so that padded the statistics Laughing Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: