Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reno June 10-15.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marian

PostPosted: Jun Tue 19, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reno June 10-15. Reply with quote

Just got back from another trip to Reno. The weather was great and we had a good time. We always stay at Harrah's as we get our room comp'd. This time when we checked in we asked if there was any chance of being upgraded to a suite and we were told sure. It was very nice and on a corner with windows on two walls, couch, easy chair, fridge, etc.

I know people always complain about Harrah's but I do most of my winning there (and most of my playing also). This time I did well on the quarter machines. Hit one for $685 and one for $690, and several around $100. I did nothing on the dollar machines at all. The most I got was $100 once.

We spent a fair amount of time at the Eldorado but didn't win at all. Spent a few hours at the Atlantis, which I like a lot, but didn't do much there either. We went out to Sparks one evening and had their buffet dinner. The theme was Rib Night and it was excellent. That was my first buffet at the Nugget and I'd go back in a minute. The room was more like a steakhouse than a buffet .. very nice ambience.

It seemed to me all the video poker machines had been tightened up a lot but saw lots of Royal Flushes, just not with my quarters.

Reno is still our favorite place to gamble in the U.S. I'll take it anytime over Vegas.
Dave

PostPosted: Jun Tue 19, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report Marian. Glad you guys had fun. I haven't been to Sparks in a while and I would love to go check out the Nugget again. You ever play black jack or just stick with the machines? Was Reno very busy?
Once again glad you had fun and thanks for taking the time to post.
Dave Very Happy
alison

PostPosted: Jun Wed 20, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MArian,
Thanks for the report.

I too like Harrahs and have never had any issues there. I have not done well gambling there though. Sounds like you did alright this trip. Smile

My friedn Dawn hsa always wanted to go to the Nugget for their bugget. Is it reasonibly priced?

Alison

Marian

PostPosted: Jun Wed 20, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was $14.99 which seems to be the going rate in Reno for a buffet. It was really good though. Normally we go to the Eldorado buffet and we did do that one night also. I like the Atlantis buffet a lot too.
alison

PostPosted: Jun Wed 20, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it si worht it then? How far of a drive is ti from reno?

Marian

PostPosted: Jun Fri 22, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

about 10 min. from downtown. If you haven't been to Sparks you should go... it's a neat little place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: