Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

good 'ol O&C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Las Vegas and other inferior places
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: May Thu 10, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: good 'ol O&C Reply with quote

Since this thread is labeled "Inferior Places", I think this qualifies.

Since King George vetoed the war funding bill which included the O&C timber money that has sustained Oregon and many other counties over the years, I am pondering.

Our county is threatening to stop all law enforcement patrols. To stop responding to 911 calls. To close the jail. To turn the criminals loose.
To stop prosecuting crimes. To close the libraries.
Ad infinitum. The good news is that the County Commissioners still receive their $104, 000 or so salaries (good for them, I guess).

Kinda makes one think that Reno is looking better all the time.
remano

PostPosted: May Thu 08, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe so, but Nevada is also experiencing a budget crunch, state agencies and schools have been ordered to make cuts across the board, Washoe County's DA has threatened to quit prosecuting misdemeanors if his budget is cut, and the county just completed a new expansion to the jail in which only one of the four living units is being used because the Sheriff's Office can't hire the personnel needed to staff it completely. Maybe things aren't so different.
jerry

PostPosted: May Sun 11, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: same ol, same ol, I guess Reply with quote

Here they fired the janitors and other low payed employees. Then gave themselves a (Illegal) big raise and huge raises to the supervisors for having fewer employees. Freed the criminals, no prosecutions, and closed all the libraries a year ago. They say we are very poor. Hey, doesn't charity begin at home?
Pretty scary and more of the same running for the offices and being promoted by the local paper versus the good guys who have little chance to get elected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Las Vegas and other inferior places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: