Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese New Years

View previous topic :: View next topic  
$$4me

PostPosted: Feb Sun 18, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Chinese New Years Reply with quote

Laughing today is Chinese New Years, it is a lucky day to gamble, so start gambling and have a good year! Laughing
stan_allen

PostPosted: Feb Wed 28, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Hey, Fat Choy - Gung this! Reply with quote

Guo nian hao, yourself - curiously enough, I celebrated Chinese New Year among the people who dreamt the whole thing up, in China. The new year was observed with the traditional seven days of non-stop fireworks, but I posted no trip report, as it really wasn't Reno-related.
RenoLady

PostPosted: Feb Wed 28, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't you have done a compare/contrast with Reno? Very Happy
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Wed 28, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinese New Years Reply with quote

$$4me wrote:
Laughing today is Chinese New Years, it is a lucky day to gamble, so start gambling and have a good year! Laughing

I had to put your theory to the test at the Peppermill. Took $60 and played VP dimes at $1 per hand. Deuces wild - got dealt 4 twos for $200 - Bonus poker deluxe - hit a royal for $800. Did OK at other machines, but broke even on them. Left $980 ahead. Thanks for the tip and bless those Chinese!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Wed 28, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Lucky Day Reply with quote

Wow!! $60to $980! I guess some days it is OK to live that close to the Peppermill.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Thu 01, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, that doesn't happen often enough. If it did, I could shut down this site and live at the Peppermill.
jerry

PostPosted: Mar Thu 01, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: good job, johnny boy Reply with quote

John, great news. I am happy for you.
NOW, most importantly, was that MY $60 you invested? Very Happy

If so, it was one of the very rare times that MY money ever generated a win for anyone.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Thu 01, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry, I wish it was. Tell ya what....next time you're in town, I'll give you the $60 back - but you have to play it.
jerry

PostPosted: Mar Sun 04, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that is an even more suspicious reply, John.

Course it was yours to play. I am happy for you. Just can't miss a chance to "rag on you".
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Mon 05, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, Jerry, the thing about that $60 is you didn't tell me what day they'd put it on your account. I went over there every day and kept getting $0 balance. When it finally showed up, I was about $4500 in the hole (well, maybe a couple hundred). I actually was doing pretty well for a while, then everything turned to mush. Kinda like yesterday - I was about $200 ahead, then after several encounters with less liberal machines, left even. I ran into my neighbor over there and at the same time I hit a $200 4 deuces, he hit a $2000 royal. Shot down my bragging rights, but I was really happy to see him hit that big one.
$$4me

PostPosted: Mar Tue 13, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: chinese new years Reply with quote

Very Happy you made a fortune, so you wil have a good year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: