Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Too many men in Reno?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: Feb Sat 10, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Too many men in Reno? Reply with quote

OK- Here is a change of pace post. Laughing

I was checking out some of the statistics from the 2000 census, and came up with this. Unmarried men outnumber the unmarried women in Reno. This is a flip flop statistic from the rest of the country. In just about every major city and area of the USA, the unmarried women outnumber the men. Anchorage Alaska is another one that shares this statistic.

So- unmarried women looking- Reno is THE place.

Any ideas why? Question
Dave

PostPosted: Feb Sun 11, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy this is a change of pace! John you got to have a theory on this one........ Cool
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Sun 11, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do have a theory, but am not too sure of it's accuracy.
JD

PostPosted: Feb Sun 11, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reno's Men/Women ratio Reply with quote

Maybe men prefer sitting at the bar playing video poker and getting free drinks to the nagging , " Harold, the garage needs cleaning", or "Frank, we need to go shopping for new curtains", or "...we need to remodel the kitchen", or the dreaded, "... does this make me look fat....?"
CaSwede

PostPosted: Feb Sun 11, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nag theory? Maybe....

I think I know what is John's theory, and I am going to shoot it down. The San Francisco area's numbers are in line with the rest of the country. There goes the "gay" idea.

Also, Las Vegas numbers are the same as Reno. Hmmm.....
Ryder

PostPosted: Feb Tue 13, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Reno's Men/Women ratio Reply with quote

JD wrote:
Maybe men prefer sitting at the bar playing video poker and getting free drinks to the nagging , " Harold, the garage needs cleaning", or "Frank, we need to go shopping for new curtains", or "...we need to remodel the kitchen", or the dreaded, "... does this make me look fat....?"

I nominate this above post for "Post of the Year"

cracks me up everytime I read it
ErininSD

PostPosted: Feb Wed 21, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Reno's Men/Women ratio Reply with quote

Ryder wrote:
JD wrote:

I nominate this above post for "Post of the Year"

cracks me up everytime I read it

You're easily amused...LOL Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: