Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Florida Gambler July 05 TR - Repost (was archive # 16)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Sun 01, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Florida Gambler July 05 TR - Repost (was archive # 16) Reply with quote

Hello everyone, thanks for all the replies and support. I FINALLY made it back to Florida, it's almost weird sitting here at my own computer and in my own house for that matter...I just stopped and looked up and I've been on the road since January 4th between our tradeshow and my trip!

Vegas Addict, in response to your question: I am a nomadic surfing and snowboarding gambler who doesn't have a job and is independently wealthy. JUST KIDDING - if only that were true, especially now! In all seriousness, I am an art director and webmaster for a surfing magazine here in Melbourne Beach, FL called Eastern Surf. We are predominantly surf but also touch a little on snowboarding and skateboarding as well. It's unreal being able to combine your professional career with doing what you love! (I keep pestering everyone to put in a gambling section but nobody's listening, that would be perfect...) We're a regional title, covering the east coast from Maine to Florida (thus our name, Eastern Surf) and parts of Texas, Alabama, and of course we always get the news from California as well. Be sure to check out our website sometime, www.easternsurf.com, or click my "www" button at the bottom of my window pane. Sorry if the navigator bar appears very tiny at the moment, we have added so much content recently that there is a glitch that keeps shrinking it down. Be sure to check it out, lots of news, articles, and TONS of beautiful models (damn I love my job!)

We're a small 8 person operation and it's alot tougher than it looks...putting out both a 150+ page magazine and website every 6 weeks is no easy task when you're the layout artist, proofreader, web designer, photographer, ad builder, press check person, etc. It has its ups and downs (believe it or not, not a lot of time to surf, and I live right on the ocean! I'm lucky if I get any more than 3 personal days off per year!) But, every January immediately following the Surf Expo (the tradeshow I spoke of), we close up shop, shut off the phones, and go on vacation for 2 weeks. Since we had to work straight through Christmas Eve and Day this year for the Surf Expo Issue, we got 3 weeks. It's a shame I lost my butt, I was gonna stay in Reno/Tahoe the third week as well! Now I think I'm either going to try to go back President's Day Weekend or at the beginning of March (gonna try to swindle an extra day off before we get busy again). I'm not sure if you all heard about us, we are the the victims of the 4 recent direct-hit hurricanes in a mere 5 week period back in August & September. I still have a tarp for a roof and am STILL waiting on my insurance settlement! Still lots of rubble and sand everywhere too.

Talk to you all soon. John, thanks again for the offer to ship my snowboard, I will be in contact soon.

Thanks again,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: