Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Fitz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barb

PostPosted: Dec Tue 26, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: The Fitz Reply with quote

Hope everyone had a great Christmas Holiday. We got an offer from the Fitz today for 2 free nights plus $100 cash and $50 voucher for food--drinks including at the bar for January 11-12. We hadnt planned to go but we are really thinking of going and adding one more night off our points. Laughing
How is the weather down there now?? Barb
Karen

PostPosted: Dec Wed 27, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received this yesterday too. I want to go. But there is no way I can get away from work. That is inventory week. Darn. Sad If it was a week or two later, I would go.
Karen
RenoLady

PostPosted: Jan Mon 08, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called late this weekend to try and get the special (we also got the invitation) but we called to late and they said they were full. However, she offered (and we accepted)the same deal for next month, Feb 8-10th. Maybe they'll be another coming in the mail?
Barb

PostPosted: Jan Mon 08, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reno Lady, Im sorry you were too late for the January special at the Fitz, but if they give it to you in Feruary its not that far off. We are going to fly down this Thursday till Sunday for the special and my 2 sisters are also going too. We are excited about going but they are talking about snow in Portland and in Reno wed-Thursday so hope all goes as planned. Barb Laughing Laughing
RenoLady

PostPosted: Jan Tue 09, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the sisters driving?

We just came through that way on the way back from Spokane (Christmas). The roads were dry, but in bad weather would be terrible. It seems chain controls were all along the Oregon highways.

Good luck and have fun!

Oh, by the way, don't forget to get your entry numbers every night, before 6:30 PM, for the 7:00 drawing. We won EVERY night we were there in September.
Barb

PostPosted: Jan Tue 09, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Reno Lady, my sister who lives in Vernonia is flying with Jim & I but is worried about driving into Portland for Thursdays flight with snow coming. She may come into town a day early. My other sister is flying in from Santa Rosa. You were so lucky to win Every night at the drawing at Fitz. I have only won once in all the times we have been there. Did you do your tickets once a day or several times a day? Barb
RenoLady

PostPosted: Jan Wed 10, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I don't get flamed for this, but the weekend we won every night ($100 Friday; $250 Saturday adn $250 Sunday- i think it was those days of the week, we had our kids and parents with us. When we weren't using our cards (sleeping, eating, ect) the family kept them in the machine and played for us. So we literally played 'round the clock that whole weekend.

We didn't actually get the money on Friday night, cuz my husband misread the winning numbers and didn't pick it up. When we won the next night, they asked why he didn't pick it up the night before, too late now, of course.

We only got the numbers right before 6:30 PM and there were a lot on there.
Barb

PostPosted: Jan Mon 15, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from Reno and the Fitz. 3 nights free and $100cash and $50 voucher for food. Thats the good news Laughing Absolutely no luck on any machines at the Fitz. I played mostly quarters some dollars and a little video poker. Hubby played craps and roulette and keno with no luck. Had a little luck at Eldorado on Mr. Cashman and Perguin machines. We did get comped all 4 of us to show at Eldorado 12 Irish Tenors and really enjoyed it.
weather was soooo cold down to 5 degrees. Some rooms ar Fitz didnt have heat!! We had 3 great dinners at Limericks and good breakfasts at Mollys Garden and Eldorado. Someone said that upstairs at Fitz was totally non-smoking but only in restaurant. Lots of smoking everywhere else. Had a really good time with Jim and my 2 sisters even though we all lost Crying or Very sad Hope to visit my money again in a few months Razz Barb
RenoLady

PostPosted: Jan Wed 17, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to have the free rooms and food to offset the losses, I know!

How did they handle the $100 cash? Certificate at check-in for the cashier? and the $50 food, was it good in Limericks?

No luck on the drawings?

No heat in some rooms, that's crazy.

Have you ever upgraded to the suites on a comped room? We're going in February for the same offer, (though I still haven't seen anything in the mail about it. She just gave us the deal when she turned us down for the January one due to full capacity. Maybe they only offered it to those they had to turn down in January. Anyway, I wonder if it's worth it to upgrade, and how much they'd charge.....
Barb

PostPosted: Jan Wed 17, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we checked in they gave us envelope with our tags and a voucher for the $50 food which was good in any restaurant. We did use it at Limericks. THe crisp $100 bill is given out the following day between 4 and 6. Do not get in line at 4:00. on the second floor cashiers cage.
Wait until 5 or so unless you like to wait Rolling Eyes None of us won any of the drawings but did enter every day. Crying or Very sad Hope you have lots of luck when you go. Barb
RenoLady

PostPosted: Jan Thu 18, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barb, for the heads-up on the line-up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: