Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carson City Nugget...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irishmick

PostPosted: Nov Sat 04, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Carson City Nugget...? Reply with quote

My wife worked at the Carson City Nugget years ago. When we were visiting Reno a couple of months ago we stopped there for lunch on the way back from Virginia City (where she also worked) and the place hasn't really changed that much! I thought it was a great place, had good food, decent slot machines, and table games. I was suprised that it did not have a room tower though? Does anyone know why? I would like to maybe stay there our next trip down in the Spring. Do many people travel over there to play? We enjoyed it quite a bit more than at "Harrahs" where we stayed.....Reno is not quite as I remembered it..too much growth from what I once liked about it...We heard many stories about the safety of Reno around town at night, was/is that somewhat true....?.. Rolling Eyes
CaSwede

PostPosted: Nov Sun 05, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Carson Nugget looks just like I remember it from 30 years ago. I was amazed to see a place where you could "check" your coat. That that is something you don't see much of anymore. It is mostly a locals place with a few tourist and business people in town for a day or two. I have made a trip over there, but the big drawback for us from California is that we have to drive through a major gambling place to get to Carson City. It is just too far.

You are right though, it is a great place to play. You are also correct in that they don't have a hotel tower at the nugget. However, they own or have a great relationship with The City Center Motel, which is behind the parking area. I have not stayed there, but they have a heck of a deal if you are interested.

The Deal:

$49 per Night, per Couple

Included are-
*Deluxe Motel Room
*Two $7 Restaurant Coupons
*Four Cocktails
*Four $1.50 Keno Credits
*Four $1 Gaming Tokens
Bob972

PostPosted: Nov Sun 05, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think years ago they used to have junkets to The Nugget in Carson City. Planes would fly from Portland (and presumably elsewhere). I stayed home and took care of the kids but my wife went with her mother and they had a really good time. I did, however, stop there for a meal with a friend on our way to Lake Tahoe a year ago and the food was really good. It seemed like the kind of place where I wouldn't mind spending more time if we weren't already on an itinerary.
RenoLady

PostPosted: Nov Mon 06, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What CaSwede says is so. The deal is really good, and available most of the time. This includes weekends and holidays. About the only time we were unable to get the $49 deal was during June when the golfers fill the hotel.

The rooms are old, but clean.

We also like the location. 1/2 hour from Tahoe or Reno. Let's you mix it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: