Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about the room types at Peppermill

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Oct Fri 20, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Question about the room types at Peppermill Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to book a room for my January trip and have decided to stay at the Peppermill, at least for a weekend, but probably for the following week as well.

I know they've done massive expansion/remodeling but their online reservations system seems to have a glitch about displaying the room types.

I was just looking at the standard "Tower Room" for rates/availability, but everytime I select this option, it keeps jumping to the screen talking about the new "Montego Bay Wing" rooms which seem to be a little pricier. Does this mean that the standard Tower Rooms are gone? If not, are the "Montego Bay" rooms worth the extra price?

I remember someone here last year (maybe Alison?) was talking about the Spa Suite being really good, which also might be an option (I'm gonna be bruised up, 2 weeks snowboarding, so that may be worth it).

Overall I can't wait til January. I was only at the Peppermill that one time last year (right before I went to the pawn shop!) From the website's pictures, the decor of the rooms looks like it's right up my alley...TACKY!
alison

PostPosted: Oct Fri 20, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well the montego bay rooms usually are cheaper then the Tower Rooms. I am not sure why they woudl be coming up as more then the tower rooms. The Montego bay rooms have been recently remodeled, they have plasma tv's. They are in a seperate location from the main tower of rooms though. When i was going to book for our last trip, i thought about staying in htem, but my friend who works at the Pep who does all my booking suggested staying with the tower rooms. The tower rooms are large in size, they do need some updating but arent bad. They too will be getting remodeled here in the next year. I can't wait for that.

The nice thing about the spa room, is the spa is actually a decent size.

What dates were you looking for? . If the tower rates aren't coming up, then maybe they are sold out for online reservations. It is possible. I was looking on there the other day and it was brigning correctly. I did notice that once you put in your dates, and it brings you to the screen with the rates calender, you then also have to select, the room type you want. It is on the left side of the screen, under the dates you have selected. I hope that helps.

Alison
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Oct Fri 20, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alison, I will check it out - I think that second step where you have to select the room type is the part I may have forgotten...something else that just dawned on me, I have a Passport card and didn't use any of my points/comps last time. They seemed to be sending mailers for a good long time after that, but then I moved, and I repeatedly tried calling them to give them my updated address, without being able to get thru to anybody! Do you happen to know if they have any player's club discounts or do you really need alot of points or a mailer for that? My card is still at the Purple level.
alison

PostPosted: Oct Fri 20, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ususally to get free room offers yo need to have quite a bit of play. I would call the VIP reservations line to see if you are eligable for any discounted room rates. Do you know how much coin in you had before there? VIP reservations is 1-800-648-5555
alison

PostPosted: Oct Mon 23, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get your reservations figured out?
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Oct Mon 23, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Yeah... Reply with quote

Yes Alison, thanks for ALL your help. Fortunately I called them (thanks for providing me with that number, it's the only one I've had any luck with, all the others just kept putting me on hold and I could never get through anywhere...)

Anyway, it turns out that they do have my current address, my Passport account is still valid, I have about $12 comp dollars, and I just haven't gotten mailers from them in a while because I haven't been there in a while. They did however say I can get $10 off any tower room per night just by having the card so this is good to know.

I went ahead and went all out and booked a Grande Suite for Jan. 19-21. Since I'm going to be cooped up in a tiny Motel 6 all week in Mammoth, I figured this would be cool.

Now I just have to get the lowdown on the restaurants there. Also waiting for everyone's January offers to come out so I can find somewhere to stay in Tahoe!

Thanks
floridagambler
alison

PostPosted: Oct Tue 24, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad it worked out for you.

The Steakhouse is really good at the Peppermill. As well as romanza, the Italian restraunt. Check those out when you are there.
ErininSD

PostPosted: Nov Wed 01, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During our last stay, which was quite awhile ago, we walked by the Montego rooms. Basically, they took the crappy old lodge rooms and tried updating them. They looked very small, and I didn't think the renovations looked that great. Except for the plasma TV, it looks like they tried to do a quick upgrade that just doesn't quite cut it. Also, that wing of the Peppermill was very cold and old smelling.

I think you did right by booking the Grand Suite. They're very large and you'll have plenty of room to spread out!

ERin
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Nov Wed 01, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Hi Erin,

Thanks for that info. I'm STILL surfing their website to figure out which ski/snowboard resorts I'm going to (I'm the type that will surf the internet for weeks till I get the best deal.) But there is good news: I figured out a way to get 3 nites in an IMPERIAL suite, plus 3 lift tickets, all for $25 less than what they were going to charge me for just a Fri. & Sat. night in a Grand Suite, so there's a full upgrade in effect!

I'll post a message on the board to let everyone know where the party's at (hahaha). Thanks again.

floridagambler
ErininSD

PostPosted: Nov Sat 04, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll like the Imperial Suites. I've stayed in one a couple of times. Ask for one at the end of the hall (the higher the floor the better), they're a little larger than the other's. The wallpaper is very 80's, but the rooms are very large. have the jacuzzi right in front of the windows, a dining and seating area w/large sofa. The bathroom is nothing special, but does have a steam shower.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: