Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trip Report Oct. 9-12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karen

PostPosted: Oct Mon 16, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Trip Report Oct. 9-12 Reply with quote

Okay.
This is my first trip report. A little nervous here, but will try to remember everything, which isn't much.

Flew into Reno on Southwest from Portland arriving at 1:30. A little bumpy flight for most of the way. Looked for the city shuttle but did not see it. We hopped on Silver Legacy bus with another group that had asked the driver if it was okay even though they were staying at Fitzs.

Arrived at Fitz's, got our room and our badges with no wait. Room was fine and the badges work great as usual. One of the bartenders knew my room number by the next day. Laughing

Played a few slot machines at Fitz's for a little while then headed over to Harrah's buffet for dinner. The buffet was okay, but nothing really exciting. Probably won't go back. Tried a couple of machines, but never have much luck at Harrahs. Then off to Calneva and Sienna. Had some luck at Sienna, so ended the night just a little down.

Got a later start in the am as I normally would, but we hung around Fitz's for a while. Had an early lunch at Molly's, which we enjoyed. Then off to the Peppermill. Took a taxi down there. We decided we really enjoy the Peppermill. I really didn't have much luck, I think I won a twin win machine, but that was after I lost, lost, lost. We ate at the buffet, which was good. Loved the crab, even though it was cold. Wish we would have gone down on the weekend so I could enjoy one of the seafood buffets.Played a little longer than back to downtown we went. Played a little longer than off to bed we went.

The next morning I got up early and went downstairs to play. Started with the quarter machines on the second floor. I did pretty good. I tried about 6 different machines. I made about $100. on those things. Would put in $5. and see where it got me. Until I hit 3 sevens on one, which paid 160 guarters. The hopper was all full of a sticky spilt drink. Ugh. Had to go clean up, and then downstairs to cash out. Fun morning.

We ate at the breakfast buffet at Fitz's. We really didn't want a buffet, but we had free coupons from the birthday game, so we thought we use them. They make your eggs anyway you want at the egg/omelet station. So just had some ham and eggs and was happy. Not bad at all.

Then off to check out the places we had not been. Circus and Sands. I think we had checked out Silver, and El Dorado, after we came back from Peppermill the night before. Just walked through, only played like one game. Really didn't care for them. Then we decided to go to the Atantis. Took a taxi out there. Did have a nice win on a hoot loot. But really didn't care for Atlantis. Seems kind of crowded. The machines are too close or something. So we walked down to the Peppermill, where we played for a few more hours. Then back to downtown. Ate at Mollys for dinner, which we very good. Then to the El Dorado to play for a while. I have to say, I had so much fun on those Mr Cashman machines. I played them for about 2 to 3 hours. I made up a lot of money on them. Was still down, but boy it was fun. Headed out of there about 1 am and went to bed.

Thursday, got up early again. I was planning on heading over to El Dorado again to see Mr. Cashman, but ended up playing at Fitzs, on the first floor. Had fun on a Money Storm. Ended up with about 20 spins in the bonus. Very Happy

Time to check out and head home. We took a taxi back to the airport. We enjoyed our taxi rides, and talking to all the taxi drivers. All and all we had a fun time. Came back with less money then when we went, but had so much fun. And that is what is about. Getting away from home and having fun.

Barb-the city shuttle from the airport runs on the half hour. Our plane came in early, and we rushed down there. I thought we were there right before 1:30, but never did see it.

Larry-I saw Million$er at Fitzgeralds, and Cal Neva. Played at Fitzs, didn't win the million, but had fun. Never did see it at Peppermill.

That's it. Sorry for any spelling errors. I have to get ready for work and I am running late writing this, but this was more important. Hopefully we can make it back in Feb. Talking about staying at Peppermill this time. Never have stayed there.

Karen
alison

PostPosted: Oct Mon 16, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karen,
Great job on your first trip report.

Did you sign up for a players card at the Peppermill? In the first hour that you play they give you up to $100.00 in losses back.

Alison
Dave

PostPosted: Oct Mon 16, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen your a pro! Very Happy Great report. Sounds like a fun trip. Did you try your luck at any table games? Didn't try the Eldorado buffet? Did you like the Siena? Man do I have the questions for you! Sure glad you had fun.
Dave
Karen

PostPosted: Oct Tue 17, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Karen your a pro! Very Happy Great report. Sounds like a fun trip. Did you try your luck at any table games? Didn't try the Eldorado buffet? Did you like the Siena? Man do I have the questions for you! Sure glad you had fun.
Dave

Thanks Dave. I don't play table games, though one of these days I may give blackjack a try. We did not try the Eldoroado buffet. I here it is good, so that we will do next time. A couple of buffets for us, then we are buffet out. Razz I did like the Siena. It was quiet in there though. But it is a smaller place and enjoyable.

Allison, I already have a players card from last year. I actually got to get all $100 back when I signed up for it at that time, because there computers were down. My boyfriend signed up for it this year. But no free play since he was a winner. LOL

Karen
alison

PostPosted: Oct Tue 17, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you lucked out being able to get the whole $100.00 back didn't you?

I can't wait to go back. All these trip reports always make me jelous.
RenoLady

PostPosted: Oct Tue 17, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice trip report, thanks!

What is it about Atlantis that seems crowded, even when it's empty? I rarely take visitors there anymore, too hard to get around.
PEB

PostPosted: Oct Tue 17, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen,

Thanks for the wonderful trip report Smile Sounds like you had a great time.
Barb

PostPosted: Oct Thu 19, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen, I really enjoyed your trip report and all your details. I also had so much fun on Mr. Cashman machines at ElDorado when we went.
It does make us want to go again soon when we read a fun report but I think our next trip will be in February for our Anniversary. Barb
alison

PostPosted: Oct Fri 20, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,
When in Feb is your anniversary? My husband and i are planning a trip for our anniversary this feb as well.

ALison
Barb

PostPosted: Oct Fri 20, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Allison, our anniversary is Feb. 20th when is yours? Barb
alison

PostPosted: Oct Sat 21, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ours is Feb 24th
jerry

PostPosted: Oct Mon 23, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: ok, ladies Reply with quote

ours is just behind you. March 9 and it is the big 50 for us.
Congrats. It's all about adjusting and commitment.
alison

PostPosted: Oct Mon 23, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! 50 years, that's a long time. Congrats!
Bob972

PostPosted: Oct Mon 23, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen very nice trip report and we're near Portland also (Battle Ground WA). It reminded me so much of our trips. We too usually stay downtown and make the grand tour, but also make it out to the Peppermill and Atlantis without fail. Especially the Peppermill. I was surprised that you didn't find warm crab at the Pep. I prefer cold and I think most probably do, but I distinctly remember seeing crab at the steam table. Perhaps that was only on Friday night though. Definitely hit the Eldorado buffet next time. Probably the spendiest of the downtown buffets but worth every penny.

We're headed down to Laughlin next month but will try to make Reno around the early part of next year.
Barb

PostPosted: Oct Mon 23, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry, I hope you have a big celebration next march with your "bride"
on your 50th. Barb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: