Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kevin's Sep TR - Repost (was archive # 8) Part 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Sun 01, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Kevin's Sep TR - Repost (was archive # 8) Part 2 Reply with quote

WE LEFT VEGAS at 10 am, which in my opinion is way to late, but I had to wait for the girls......

Took our time driving up 95, stopping a few times for ice cream, snacks and of course the neverending pottie stops. We pulled into Reno around 4:30 that afternoon....it took all of five minutes to get checked into the Fitz, what a relief!!!

On Thursday we met my cousins from Susanville and my sister and her husband and kids from here met us and we all made our way to the Rib cookoff, ate until our bellies were overstuffed, then walked it off while the women shopped the booths.

Friday...we headed to the waterpark and had a great time. Just to see the expressions and hear the laughter out of the girls' was payment enough. Wow what a waterpark. My wife and I were both impressed with the variety of slides (one for each comfort level). I would definently advise anyone to check this out, even if you don't take your kids to Reno, it is a must!

Friday evening my wife and I were able to finally get a few hours to ourselves to try our luck at gambling while the girls stayed up in the room and watched movies. Won some, lost some, won some, lost, lost, lost, lost.........BUT WE HAD FUN!!!!!

Saturday we headed out to the Convention center to watch my cousins son play in the basketball tournament, the first game left some to be desired (his team lost), but the second game they really pulled ahead and won by a long shot. We stopped at the peppermill to sign up for their players club......and the $100.00 free slot play is definently a bait and switch, that's been talked about in other forms here at the message board. What we are really hoping for are some good deals on rooms, some where to stay other than the fitz.

After eating breakfast Sunday morning with my sister, her husband and their kids, we headed home. IT was great to get here, the dog was happy to see us and it was wonderful to sleep in our own bed.

All in all it was a long trip and well worth the memories that it created with the girls.

Kevin

PS: We added two new members to our family a couple of days ago.....two male kittens....and here's the best part......their names: Reno and Fitzgerald (fitz for short). And I don't think I've mentioned it before but our dog (which is a pug) is named Molly, after Molly Malone which for those of you who don't know is what Molly's garden at the fitz is named after. Am I loyal or what?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: