Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honest opinions needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD

PostPosted: Nov Wed 01, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: NEW AND IMPROVED Reply with quote

John: Do I win a prize for being 1st to spot the main site has the new format "Energized"?

Definitely flashier....might take a bit of gettin used to...especially for those of us still on "dialup".

Looks good.

JD
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Thu 02, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, JD, you get a prize for being the first to notice the new site went live. The old site was designed specifically for dialup users because a couple of years ago they were in the majority. On the new pages, the home page is the only graphics-intensive page. Not only was Marlene bugging me to update, but I was getting criticism from visitors about the site being bland. They felt it should be more in tune with all the lights and "flashiness" of Reno. I was going to put pictures of beggars, drug dealers and vacant buildings up to reflect the true meaning of Reno, but I want the visitors to come back.
hawk

PostPosted: Nov Thu 02, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD, your prize is this inside info. Mark took his wife to virginia city for Hallloween and hasn't yet returned. Now missing 3 days. I'll bet they thought he was in costume if only in his everyday clothes. You missed a great Sien a party.
JD

PostPosted: Nov Thu 02, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Inside Info? Reply with quote

Sorry, Jerry...I used to be a spy.

But I knew RENO'S BEST BARTENDER, Mark LaBianca was in VC.....BECAUSE HE CALLED ME HALLOWEEN NIGHT on my cell phone. I deleted his recorded message, " Hey, JD, where the hell are you? Get your butt down to VC and we'll go for a few drinks....here, I want you to talk to the guy on the next barstool." " Ya, man, who is this??? Mark says, get your butt down here...who is this again???....."

I got about three of those well after my bedtime.

I wish I coulda been there for Halloweeie, but duty calls.

JD, out.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Nov Thu 02, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: GREAT Reply with quote

Hey John,

I really like the new site! It's great. Hey, how would like to come down here to FL for a while to re-design ours? (I'll hook you up with 100 of our ESM Girls!) A few months back we had our new DORK assistant re-design our site, with an important deadline and conditions, and when we uploaded it, you couldn't even get past the menu bar! THEN, SHE QUIT! Now, I'm running the place solo again (probably better off...)

Seriously though, I like it alot, the color scheme is good, easily readable and everything seems to work well. Kudos to you.

floridagambler (will somebody please tell me about Shooters?)
jerry

PostPosted: Nov Wed 08, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD, I know what you mean about Mark.
Everytime I see him he hands me his cell phone to talk to someone.
But, at least he has his priorities right. He always serves me a drink first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: