Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picture Locations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
llkraus

PostPosted: Oct Sun 15, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my students, who used to live in the Reno area, suggested a location out on Pyramid Highway. According to her directions, you go out until you hit a bridge that goes over two flood water basins, then turn left on a dirt road.

Has anyone ever been there? Will I need a SUV to get up the road?

Thanks,

llk
grace

PostPosted: Nov Sun 05, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there llkraus from Tyler, TX.

I hope you have your laptop with you so you can check the responses to your posts and I hope I'm not too late.

When you get finished with the lovely skyline of downtown Reno, you can divert your location shoots to the old side of Reno Town (where the "wealthy" people used to live and some still do). Try the Rose Garden and Idelwild Park. These are not "skyline" views but they are enchanting. Especially now that the trees have changed colors.

Since you mentioned you have a car at your disposal, take a ride up Geiger Grade. Now there at the Vista View Lookout, you will get the most spectacular pictures of Reno in it's entirety. Proceed immediately after up the road to The Virginia Highlands. You might get the thrill of your life if the mustang herds are grazing (right by the roadside). Continue along Rte 342 (Comstock Highway) and you will reach the best desination - - the home of the 100 mile view - - - VIRGINIA CITY. Wear comfy shoes, bring extra camera chips with you and have a blast. Now that will be an aerial view you won't forget for a long time.

Have a great trip.

Grace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: