Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sands reverses decision in favor of the player!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegambler

PostPosted: Sep Thu 28, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: The Sands reverses decision in favor of the player! Reply with quote

I know that this blackjack story at the Sands has been going around, so I thought I'd tell this story that paints the Sands in a different light....

I was at the Sands craps table in August. There was a guy rolling who had been rolling "weakly" all day. (His rolls were not reaching the wall.) He was also a horrible roller, usually going seven-out within five rolls. I lost some money on his rolls, until I stopped betting on him.

But he caught fire and started rolling well. I then decided to bet on him. He even hit his point, a 10 (one of the two most difficult points to hit), but because one of his dice didn't hit the wall, the stickman called "no roll" and we weren't paid for the win. Two rolls later, the roller rolled a seven, the death number, but again one of the dice didn't hit the wall, which should have resulted in a "no roll" call if there was any consistency. However, instead of calling "no roll" as he did with the 10, the stickman said "seven out" and the dealers began pulling in all of the chips very hastily.

One of the players at the table went ballistic and called Jerry (the pit boss) over. After several minutes of heated testimony from different players, Jerry ordered the dealers to pay back the money. The problem is....it was already cleared off of the table, so they asked each of us how much we had on the table and paid us whatever we said! I've never seen anything like that before.

Two rollers later, a man rolled for well over an hour and I made over $1100 on his roll, the most I've ever made on someone's roll! Needless to say, it was a fun night at the Sands craps table.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Fri 29, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: The Sands reverses decision in favor of the player! Reply with quote

thegambler wrote:
After several minutes of heated testimony from different players, Jerry ordered the dealers to pay back the money. The problem is....it was already cleared off of the table, so they asked each of us how much we had on the table and paid us whatever we said! I've never seen anything like that before.
That is quite strange. Good thing you had a $5,000 bet up!
JD

PostPosted: Sep Fri 29, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: " Pay the line, pay 'em all..." Reply with quote

I gotta remember this one.

Goose, Gander, no wall, no roll on the point... no wall, no roll on big red.

"JD, what was YOUR bet again???'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: