Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aug, 05, Part 1 of KrAut's hug for Jerry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Sun 01, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Aug, 05, Part 1 of KrAut's hug for Jerry Reply with quote

OK, finally, here comes part one of the promised TR.

Wednesday, August 24
We spent the morning packing up. My sis-in-law drove us to the BART station, and off we were to SFO airport. We took United (it was only like 100 $ per person). Man, I wished we had a plane like that on our flight over to the States. Very nice, lots of leg room, leather seats … it was a CRJ-700 (regional jet). Well, ok, it would have crashed in the ocean after running out of fuel during an overseas trip – oh well. The weather was nice, flight time was only 25 minutes, must have had strong tailwinds or something. Nice mountain views, and we saw Lake Tahoe from the plane, but not much of downtown Reno, as we were sitting on the wrong side. OK, here we were. Stepped out of the plane, first thing that catches our attention is – slots. Groups of slots everywhere. That is so weird. We walked to the baggage claim, and while I was trying to figure out which one is ours, I literally bumped into Julie, my mother-in-law. Quite funny – it was a big hello as we only see each other once a year.

Off to the van, embracing Bob, my father-in-law, then we tried to drive to Reno. We must have missed some crucial exit, there is a lot of construction going on. So we ended up turning around after a while and finally found the right road. Drove straight to the Eldorado. My parents-in-law had already checked in, so I can’t really comment on that. They said it went smoothly. We had a Deluxe Tower Room, they had a Tower Jacuzzi Suite. The rooms are done in light colours, roomy and clean. Unfortunately, we had no view whatsoever – 5th floor, windows facing some kind of ugly roof with all sorts of appliances. I wanted to do something about it, but my parents-in-law held me back – they did check in quite early (before noon) and got us adjacent rooms, which came in handy. I figured they were right in being pleased with getting a room way before check-in time. Plus, the 5th floor is where the pool is located.

By now it was nearly 3 p.m. and we hadn’t eaten all day. So we went straight to the Brews Brothers. What can I say – I highly recommend going there. I liked it a lot. The décor is neat and the food as well as the service were great. I had a lasagne soup and half a Caesar’s with grilled prawns, delicious. I tried their wheat beer, which was ok, but not great. Gary was out of luck, 2 of the beers he wanted to try were out. Hmmm.

Now, being satisfyingly full and in good moods, we went to the Promotion Desk to get our players cards. No such thing. The computers were down, they asked us to check back later. We decided to go to Fitzgerald’s meanwhile. Went to their promotion desk and got our player’s cards with no problems. No 5 $ cash, though – go figure. We got to play their promo thingy and I won … a pen! Wow! Gary, my hubby, won an eye glass repair kit. I guess they want to make sure you can gamble on even if your glasses fall apart. We browsed Fitzgerald’s for a while and gambled a bit. None of us won anything. Meanwhile, my sis-in-law and her family arrived (they drove up from San Francisco). We all met at the Eldorado and finally managed to get our players cards. At the treasure’s of Eldorado, you can swipe your card once every 2 hours or so. Funny enough, Bob really got a kick out of that. He never knew about that thingy and was delighted that I showed him. Over the 2 days we stayed there, we won a lot of coupons (another pen, wow!), mostly for their Friday night drawing. Some 5-dollar off things here and there, and one ticket for a free show, which we didn’t have the time to make use of. The group wandered off to the craps tables, I went to check the slots. I heard a lot of shouting and cheering, they were doing well for a while. The slots were terrible. I could not win a thing and ended up losing all my money for that day. The problem is that I really like those multi-line games with the neat graphics like Star Wars, Alien and such. They are great when they pay – when they don’t, the money goes fast. The most play I got out of Mr. Money machines. Drink service was good, they offered me more than I could handle. Time went by fast, I had lost my company and my money and got hungry again, so I went to that restaurant which is located between the Eldorado and the Silver Legacy. Dunno what it’s called. Had a burger there, just because I felt like having a burger, and that thing was HUGE. After enjoying that, I called it a night.

To be continued
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: