Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shooters question-as much as i hate to
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evandors

PostPosted: Jul Sun 09, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: shooters question-as much as i hate to Reply with quote

I am a lurker (for the last couple of years) who seldom posts. But since we are coming to Reno next Sunday I have to ask. What is the deal with Shooters? Should I and my wife drop in and check it out? Or is this just an inside joke? I kind of hate to start this whole thing up again, as it was ALL you guys could talk about for around 3 months !!!! But I hate to miss out on an experience. (Plus I thought I heard something about women + booze + poles ????)
remano

PostPosted: Jul Sun 09, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been taking it as an inside joke. Shooters is a dive bar on North Virginia Street across from Silver Legacy, or in that general area. It's not the type of place tourists usually frequent.
hawk

PostPosted: Jul Sun 09, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: What, yet another Shooters question Reply with quote

As Moderator and an "Insider", I cannot allow anyone to say anything negative about Shooters. I, likewise, will refrain from directly responding to your very valid question.

That being said: Remano is steering you straight...

And, now back to our regular programming.
misterd51

PostPosted: Jul Wed 12, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

women + booze + poles

Shooters may be a dive, but it can be a fun dive.
jerry

PostPosted: Jul Thu 13, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never take my wife in there.
In fact, I was embarrassed that "what's his name" with the big mouth (and pony tail) told my wife I had been in there.
But, what are friends for? You are forgiven "what's his name"... Smile
Besides, afterwards we went to the Nugget for an Awful Awful and you bought me a Heinie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes up for a lot of sins.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Thu 13, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Shooters advice (from the expert). Reply with quote

You asked for it evandor.

Shooters!...ugh<>Hic!! Burp...Whew, uh-- well...don't go there, you'll have a great time! Hope this helps. BC Dave
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Fri 14, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerry wrote:
In fact, I was embarrassed that "what's his name" with the big mouth (and pony tail) told my wife I had been in there.

Snap out of it, Jerry. I tell her everything you do. How much money you lose, how many beers you drink, how many cocktail waitresses you pinch, all of it. I see it as my job.
kevin

PostPosted: Jul Fri 14, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,
I am very shocked to say the least that you would go into a place like shooters. I have walked by the place but would never go in there.
If i want to see stuff like that, i will just ask my wife. maybe i am just a oregon prude but i would never do that.
But then again i never thought in my life that i would have to act like i was sleeping to be left alone. Twisted Evil guess thats what happens when you marry a younger women.

stud kevin from oregon
jerry

PostPosted: Jul Sat 15, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john wrote:
jerry wrote:

Snap out of it, Jerry. I tell her everything you do. How much money you lose, how many beers you drink, how many cocktail waitresses you pinch, all of it. I see it as my job.

Looks like "what's his name" just identified himself.

As to Kevin, I cannot even respond to such comments. Hard for us old fogies to relate to comments such as his.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Sat 15, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerry wrote:
Looks like "what's his name" just identified himself.

Think it through, Jerry. You and I are the only males on this board with ponytails, so it must be me you were talking about.
evandors

PostPosted: Jul Sat 15, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it is decided !!!!!! I hit town in 18 hours !! 1st stop Fitzgeralds to chek in. 2nd stop Shooters !!!!!!!!
misterd51

PostPosted: Jul Sat 15, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"OK, it is decided !!!!!! I hit town in 18 hours !! 1st stop Fitzgeralds to chek in. 2nd stop Shooters !!!!!!!!"

OK why wait so long to his SHOOTERS?

HAVE FUN and hope you leave with more then you came with.
jerry

PostPosted: Jul Sat 15, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You and I are the only males on this board with ponytails" - John

True, John, but yours is much longer than mine.
JD

PostPosted: May Mon 28, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Shooter's Bouncer Reply with quote

It took me a while to find the ole Shooter's thread.

This just in from today's Reno Gazette Journal.

(You'll have to scroll down some ... the first several paragraphs are about pimps, hookers and drug dealers):

"While detectives were speaking to Stevenson, they noticed a fight down the street. A bouncer at Shooter's bar, Shon Clemo, 37, was punching a man in the face and kicking him. He then produced a knife. As detectives approached him, he turned the knife in their direction and told them to get back. Clemo was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, battery and assault with a deadly weapon against a police officer. Clemo claimed self defense."

Let THAT be a lesson to tip the Shooter's girls well!

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070527/NEWS/705270329/1321
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Wed 30, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Shooter's Reply with quote

Sounds like an interesting guy. Educates people on proper tipping etiquette then stops to manufacture cutlery. I was in there for a beer last week. I gave the girl a tip. I left fairly intact. The rest of the trip report is coming soon.

BC Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: