Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4th of July

View previous topic :: View next topic  
misterd51

PostPosted: Jun Mon 26, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: 4th of July Reply with quote

Does any one know if they will have a fire works show downtown this year? I understand in the past they had them from the roofs of Harrah's but talking to people and reading the free papers all I can find is Sparks and the celebration at Rancho San Rafael Park. I understand San Rafael Park is North of the Univerisity. We will be staying down town and really do not want to drive that night, could the fireworks from San Rafael Park be seen well say from the top of Club Cal Neva parking garage?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Tue 27, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the fireworks won't be downtown this year. I think the last time they were there was in 2004. If I want to see amazing fireworks, I just tell my girlfriend she has a big butt.
JD

PostPosted: Jun Wed 28, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Fireworks Reply with quote

Virginia City has fireworks in the area where the camel races are held. Any of the Saloons on the South side of C Street offer a terrific view.

I plan on reserving a bar stool at the Sergeant Major's Shaft (bar) and shooting off my six guns (blanks) to assist the fireworks finale.

JD
misterd51

PostPosted: Jun Wed 28, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, If I want to see amazing fireworks, I just tell my girlfriend she has a big butt.
Hope you enjoy your fireworks Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

JD I plan on reserving a bar stool at the Sergeant Major's Shaft (bar) and shooting off my six guns (blanks) to assist the fireworks finale.

That sounds fun.

We have rooms down at Club Cal Neva so guess we will park on top of the parking garage and see what we can see. Last year we were at the Mill we had a great room but the fireworks were distance. We thought they were down town but must have been even forward. We had a great room thanks to our friend who worked in the VIP but since then he has whisked her off to Ca.

Well if the fireworks aren't that great from the roof we can always go to Shooters Laughing Laughing Laughing
misterd51

PostPosted: Jun Wed 28, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meant our friend's girlfriend worked in the VIP before he whisked her off to Ca. Guess I should use preview.

Happy Fourth to all.
JD

PostPosted: Jun Fri 30, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: 4th of July events Reply with quote

From Friday's RGJ:

"People who can't find something local to do this Independence Day haven't looked.

Six free fireworks shows and two area parades are scheduled Tuesday."

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060630/NEWS10/606290367/1016/NEWS
misterd51

PostPosted: Jul Sat 01, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks still sounds like lots to do even if the fireworks aren't downtown.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: