Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gas Prices and Reno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaSwede

PostPosted: May Fri 05, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Gas Prices and Reno Reply with quote

I just filled up my gas tank for my drive in trip to Reno on Sunday. My cheapo place was $3.19/gallon locally. What is the price in Reno? I am guessing that 90% of the tourist to Reno are from the drive in market, and I am wondering if the gas prices will put a halt to some of them? What do you think? Are you going to rethink a trip to Reno, or cut down on the number of trips?
llkraus

PostPosted: May Fri 05, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran the Reno zip code through a widget I have and it says that prices in zip code 89501 (and within a 10 mile radius) range from 3.07 to 3.26. (The 3.04 is at the ARCO at 600 Kietzke Ln.

Hope this helps.

llk
JD

PostPosted: May Sat 06, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Gas prices Reply with quote

One thing I just love about the internet, is how easy it is to look prices up.

This is from gasbuddy.com for Reno. You can search by state, county or city.

http://www.nevadagasprices.com/Reno/index.aspx

And as far as additional costs go, gasoline is such a small fraction of overall expenditure on a trip it makes little difference to me. I put about 1500 miles on for a trip. So a change from $ 2/gallon to $ 3/gallon makes a difference of MAYBE $ 50 or $ 60 dollars additional cost. I should change my plans for THAT? I can make three times that with one four of a kind on a dollar VP machine!

But that it might make rooms easier to get, tables at restaurants more available, and the attention of the cocktail waitress easier is a good reason to take advantage.

JD
remano

PostPosted: May Sat 06, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices Reply with quote

JD wrote:
One thing I just love about the internet, is how easy it is to look prices up.

This is from gasbuddy.com for Reno. You can search by state, county or city.

http://www.nevadagasprices.com/Reno/index.aspx

* * *JD

Things are changing so fast these days, those prices look a little out of date. I would add about 3 cents to each figure, and that would again be out of date as soon as it's done.

For tourists the most convenient station with usually low prices (not necessarily the lowest in town) is probably the station on South Virginia at Pueblo. That would be on your left on your way from downtown to Peppermill or Atlantis, about a half a mile before you get to Plumb Lane and the Park Lane Mall. There is another station at South Virginia where Center Street intersects that is sometimes good but often higher. Check them both out and go to whichever is cheaper.
CaSwede

PostPosted: May Sat 06, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips on gas prices in Reno. JD- your point is well taken, however, I was talking about gas prices overall. If a trip to Reno was a static event, and that was the only gas you buy, the difference is not big at all. However, many of the Reno visitors are Bay Area and Sacramento commuters. Paying 30 cents more per gallon over a few months ago, and driving more than 100 miles a day with an SUV, and you have a bigger chunk of change coming out of the pocket. The pot of disposable income is much smaller now, and perhaps less trips to Reno? I think that has to be the case for at least some people. I guess we will see- however- it is not going to stop me, as I will be in Reno in less than 24 hours. Very Happy
irishsetter

PostPosted: May Tue 09, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think gas prices will lead to Reno's further decline. One of the guys who works for me generally gets to Reno about once a month. When I asked why he hadn't gone lately, he said, "I just can't see spending $120 to get there and back." (He drives a pickup). Granted as someone pointed out, the difference between what he spent before is probably $20-$40. Obviously, prices have surpassed a psychological threshold for him.

Me however, I hope to have the Mini Coop pointed toward Reno real soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: