Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you feel is great about Reno?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allie B

PostPosted: May Tue 02, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: What do you feel is great about Reno? Reply with quote

Hello,
My name is Allie and i am currently writing a research paper for the university about Why Reno i special and why people feel connected to eachother withing the Reno community. I would appreciate any input.
Thank you
stan_allen

PostPosted: May Thu 04, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: School Daze Reply with quote

I think you should seriously consider downloading every trip report from this board's archives, and submitting the whole thing as your research paper. It's a perfect analysis of your project, and you won't have to do any research!
JD

PostPosted: May Thu 04, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: School DAZE? Reply with quote

Well Allie, I first visited Reno with my parents when on our annual car vacation. I recall the Harold's Club gun collection, the old mechanical slots, the " Dedicated to all those that blazed the trail" mural and the Wild West aspect that Las Vegas lacks.

I suppose, my fondness for Reno over Vegas comes not only from the "big fish in a little pond" aspect of being treated better on a smaller budget, but there are far more activities and Old West history within an hour's drive.

Virginia City is my true destination these days with Reno the side trip. It would be highly unlikely I would ever form friendships as I have with anyone in any other vacation destination.

If you truely want to impress your professor, I'd recommend proofreading your report a few times, check punctuation, use of upper case letters and use a spell checker.

JD
remano

PostPosted: May Thu 04, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you feel is great about Reno? Reply with quote

Allie B wrote:
Hello,
My name is Allie and i(I) am currently writing a research paper for the university about W(w)hy Reno i(s) special and why people feel connected to each(/)other within(g) the Reno community. I would appreciate any input.
Thank you

This is probably the wrong place to ask about why people feel connected to each other within the Reno community, since it's mostly dedicated to people who visit Reno (hence, the name) rather than people who are connected within the community. The city of Reno, and Sparks and many local civic groups also have web sites that you can find through google. You might get better information by visiting some of those sites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: