Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting to third base...

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you avoid the end seats at the blackjack tables?
No, I don't mind the occasional argument with someone blaming me for his loss.
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Yes, indeed - I don't want a bunch of angry players blaming their losses on me, no matter how unjustified.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't give it a moment's thought; if there's an open seat, I take it.
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Tue 18, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Getting to third base... Reply with quote

Sorry, nothing racy here - just wondering if our members have preferences regarding the blackjack table seating. I don't believe it matters one bit, but there are plenty out there with rather seasoned views...

I should add that it really doesn't come up much, but when it does, people seem to have strong feelings about it. The one time I witnessed this in Reno was at either Sand's or Fitzgerald's, I can't remember, but some lady started complaining that the guy at first base cost her the hand - she was quite adamant on this point.

Last edited by stan_allen on Apr Thu 20, 2006 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total
jimc

PostPosted: Apr Tue 18, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have first base, but any place is OK with me. I have never had anyone comment to me while sitting at third base that I caused him/her to lose because I played badly in their opinion. But then again, I don't care whether him/her lost. I like first base because in the past it has been my lucky place to be at. I keep to myself and don't give out comments except to the dealer when they get lucky. I am there to have fun, playing the lowest table limits allowed. If I wanted to make a lot of money, I'd get a second and third job.
jimc

PostPosted: Apr Tue 18, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add..... 79 days to go before we leave for Reno.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Tue 18, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: take this with a grain of salt. Reply with quote

Why would I mind what the idiot thinks or says? It is obvious to all who know me that I have NEVER made a mistake. Therefore, anyone who blames me for his/her loss is an obvious idiot.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Tue 18, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: new avatar Reply with quote

Well, I expected to hear from Dave before now regarding my new avatar. Since he has not acknowledged it, I am going to go and shave.

This avatar is "outta heah!"........
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Tue 18, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: new avvie Reply with quote

There, that looks a lot better. I feel like myself again.

Course, if I get my job back at Shooters, I'll likely be back to the Blue Hair Job.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Tue 18, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: getting to third base Reply with quote

As I age and my memory fades, I get confused. But, it seems to me that "getting to third base" usually had nothing to do with seats at a BJ table. I came here expecting to have to delete Stan's post.

But, as has often been said: No one ever knows what Stan is talking about anyway.
spinner

PostPosted: Apr Tue 18, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only very rarely, and it was many years ago, heard someone berating a player thinking they have lost due to their play. I think that if you feel that way, proper etiquette is to just get up and move to another table.

Table disruptions are usually caused by people who are drunk. Loud and Vulgar behavior is not tolerated, when pointed out to the pit boss, for very long.

The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad loser who wants to blame others for his loses.

I would suggest that any experienced gambler who sees any inappropriate behavior should become involved and not let a timid player be bullyied by others.
misterd51

PostPosted: Apr Tue 18, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My preference is to play heads up with the dealer, then I am sure that is because my biggest wins have come playing heads up. Plan on driving up to Reno for the day Friday and hope to check out the infamous Shooters.
Dave

PostPosted: Apr Tue 18, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great poll question. I don't mind playing 3rd cause I usually follow the book and try to make sure not to take dealers bust card if they are showing a bad hand and try to take hits when I am supposed to. I think the one thing I wouldn't do at 3rd that I may do if I was at a different spot is stay on 16 w/the dealer showing a 7. A couple of years ago at the Circus Circus I was at 3rd and had an iffy hand. I was only betting $5 and the the guy on 1st had close to $100 out there. I just turned the hand over and said you make the call. He said stay I did and he won. If I am at a table and people or a person is not playing like I would like them to I just get up and move to another table. No sense in getting mad at them as they are playing with their own $!
Probably more than you guys needed to know but there it is.
I would love to add a thread to this and see what the craziest thing you guys have ever seen at a blackjack table was?
Mine would have to be a gal splitting queens vs. a 9. She gets a 7 and a 6 stays on both and loses to a 19. She had $20 out there. The worst part was she appeared sober. Nothing like turning a win into two losses!~ Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: