Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rain, rain, rain, snow, rain.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RenoLady

PostPosted: Apr Tue 11, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Rain, rain, rain, snow, rain..... Reply with quote

Well, we're off to Reno today, the 11th of April. We're flying out of Reno to Spokane tomorrow, so will only be there tonight, and then Saturday night on the return.

Why drive to Reno? The tickets are cheaper, the flight times better and we get to visit Reno sooner!

We're staying at the Fitz tonight for $32.95, and Circus on the return for $55. Circus let me book a Saturday arrival and their "flier" rate is only $55. They must be hurting. Their rate for Memorial Weekend is only $60! Huh? I've never seen that.

We're both at work right now, watching the weather, hoping for a break. It's chain controls, but we're thinking maybe after lunch they'll be lifted? Bags are in the car.....

I'm actually more worried about mud slides than chains. We can still get over with chains, but I've been stranded more than once due to mud slides.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Tue 11, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Over the summit and through the woods, to reno you go... Reply with quote

Yeh, it's when they CLOSE the road altogether that you're really stuck - are you driving a truck, or are you going to have to put on those goldanged chains?
I know the weather predictions have been rather heavy, but I believe you'll be given a reprieve today, for some reason - here's to your good luck!
RenoLady

PostPosted: Apr Tue 11, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stan!

My husband believes if we wait until this afternoon, 2 or so, we'll sail through. It's chain controls right now. We have a Dodge Stratus that we have to chain up, er, actually that my husband has to chain up, while I sit in the comfort of the car wondering why it's taking him so long. One of the times I play my female card!
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Tue 11, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: I'm dreaming of a white highway Reply with quote

Just glanced at the Kingvale traffic cam - it's definitely snowy, but the road at least seems to be open.
It may be one of them thar slushy drives, but you'll make it - my recommendation is that you take off right now, and not wait another minute!
RenoLady

PostPosted: Apr Tue 11, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right! No chain controls right now!

Husband is at lunch, I'll have to email him to COME AND PICK ME UP NOW!
NandJfrmNJ

PostPosted: Apr Tue 11, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: weather Reply with quote

We too have been watching the weather since we're coming out from the East coast next Tuesday. We were there once in March and didn't like the weather at all so we thought we'd try April-apparently not a good idea this year. On which roads have chains been required? We'll be driving up to Tahoe when we get there and have rented a mid-size car. Hope the snow will be gone from the highways by the time we get there but I guess that hiking at Tahoe is out of the question for this trip. Whatever will we do with our time???? Gamble, gamble, gamble, I guess!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Apr Tue 11, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got tired of worrying about chains and the snow. I bought a big 4 wheel drive pick up, and they just wave me through the controls. All I have to do is throw a knob to 4 WD. I have not broke a nail yet doing this. Laughing

I don't think you have to worry about mud slides on I-80. Now hwy 50 and 88 are a different story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: