Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remember this photo of me from May 2016?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjames1229

PostPosted: Apr Sat 29, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Remember this photo of me from May 2016? Reply with quote

That was me, about eleven months ago when I was in Reno for the USBC Open Championships.

This past week, I was in Las Vegas for this year's tournament. Notice a difference?

BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sun 30, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Yes! Reply with quote

In 2016 you curled your pinky up as you released the ball - not so in 2017. And you got a rad, cool, new (and several sizes smaller) shirt. Way to go!
mjames1229

PostPosted: May Mon 01, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Yes! Reply with quote

BC Dave wrote:
In 2016 you curled your pinky up as you released the ball - not so in 2017.

Actually, the photographer this year took the photo a split second later Surprised)

(And the pants are smaller, too)
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Mon 01, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Poise Reply with quote

Amazing how similar the two pics are in terms of capturing the moment of release.
CaSwede

PostPosted: May Wed 03, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: where did it go? Reply with quote

Well, I can certainly see it. There is less of you and it is obvious to me. Do you mind telling us how much.??

Also, it appears you must have lost more weight on one foot over the other. It looks like you had to get a new left shoe. Very Happy
mjames1229

PostPosted: May Wed 03, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: where did it go? Reply with quote

CaSwede wrote:
Well, I can certainly see it. There is less of you and it is obvious to me. Do you mind telling us how much.??

Also, it appears you must have lost more weight on one foot over the other. It looks like you had to get a new left shoe. Very Happy

I was down 97# at the time I left for Vegas... just couldn't get down to the 100# mark (and I put on 3-1/2 back on).

Shirt size down from 3XL to 1XL, pants size from 46 to 40.

Thanks for the compliment.

And that is actually a "slide sock" on my left shoe. My bowling shoes actually have interchangable soles, so that I can change to one that will give me more or less slide, depending on the condition of the approaches (for example, in summer they can be more sticky in the midwest, or on new installations they might be much more slippery until they get worn in). However, after my knee surgery in 2015, I couldn't find any combination for "regular" usage, so I bought an $11 slide sock and use it all of the time.
alison

PostPosted: May Sat 06, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Can see you lost some weight. Congrats!! Loosing weight is Hard...
stan_allen

PostPosted: May Tue 09, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: What's new! Reply with quote

I think I've got it - you got a new bowling ball!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: