Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post a random Reno pic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Thu 06, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Inserting a photo - a tutorial (sort of). Reply with quote

Please note; Photobucket is now charging (a lot) for 3rd party image hosting. Alternates include https://postimages.org/ or (and probably better) https://imgur.com/

Zydeco, You first have to upload your photo to a site like Photobucket. Once you've uploaded your picture there you can get an IMG (image) code to insert into your post. I have found Photobucket to be very slow lately and I've started using Postimage.org. You'll need an account at either service. These screenshots may be helpful ...

These illustrate the process using Postimage

Once you've uploaded a photo to postimage select the little icon to the right of 'Direct Link' and the code will be copied.

Now that you've got your image code head back to your VisitReno post and click the 'img' button, paste your img code then click the 'img' button again. Voila! OK, it's pretty convoluted. I know you've posted picutes before. You probably used photobucket. The process above is actually quite similiar to photobucket's process.

Hope that helps

Last edited by BC Dave on May Mon 14, 2018 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zydeco

PostPosted: Apr Thu 06, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much BC Dave! Ugh, I don't want to open an account though......
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Thu 06, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Easy way Reply with quote

Zydeco, if you email the photo to me, I'll store it on visitreno.com and send you a link to it.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Fri 07, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: More 10's or better Reply with quote

I didn't realize I had this pic of the little bank of 10's or better VP machines from the 2nd floor of the Fitz. Again, I apologize for the poor quality of the image. The Keno lounge is just off to the left.

Last edited by BC Dave on May Sat 05, 2018 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaSwede

PostPosted: Apr Sat 15, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: looks like fun Reply with quote

10's or better nickel progressives- a person can have a lot of fun and not lose much money.

Seeing those machines reminds me of the quarter 10's or better machines at the main bar at the Lakeside Inn at Lake Tahoe. It had a progressive on the royal flush with a very fast meter build up. I am thinking it had to be about 1.5%, which is big. When I arrived, I looked and the RF progressive was at $8,000 !!! The bar was packed and I gave it a try. I put more money into the machine that I had planned. I learned a lesson about chasing progressive.

That game is long gone now.
Zydeco

PostPosted: Apr Sun 16, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about these "random" ones? The window cleaner was scary! One little tiny rope held him up.....

BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Mon 17, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: That's pretty random. Reply with quote

Zydeco,a Video Poker machine's random number generator couldn't have dealt a more diverse set of pictures. Having a healthy fear of heights, I don't think I'd ever dangle over the side of a tall building. The Silver Legacy snow pic is spectacular! I love Reno in the winter. And the chips ... I'd probably cash out and go buy some Patron Silver.

Since I got a 'million of 'em' here's another random pic from my collection ...

'1987 Reno Glitter Gulch' You can see 'Eddie's Fabulous Fifties' a ways down there and some of you may make out the 'Onslow's' sign. The Onslow later became part on the Riverboat and later the Cal Neva's "across the street" hotel.

You'll note there's no train trench and no Fitzgeralds 'Rainbow Bridge'.

Last edited by BC Dave on May Sun 27, 2018 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Apr Mon 17, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defiantly the Good old days. Glitter gulch! I was wondering why they
never put a stop light in front of Fitz? but they did then got rid of it
after this picture.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Fri 21, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Atlantis' Sky Bridge, Solarium, Fish place in the sky Reply with quote

I played some Pharoah's fortune here a few years ago. A little hard to see the screen in the bright sunlight but I got a bit of a tan!

Last edited by BC Dave on May Sat 05, 2018 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Apr Fri 21, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Clam Chowder, and shrimp and Lobster!!
alison

PostPosted: Apr Sat 22, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Atlantis' Sky Bridge, Solarium, Fish place in the sky Reply with quote

BC Dave wrote:
I played some Pharoah's fortune here a few years ago. A little hard to see the screen in the bright sunlight but I got a bit of a tan!

I see coin buckets!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sat 22, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Good eyes! Reply with quote

Good eyes Alison! I'd almost forgotten about them. (Coin buckets). It was hoot to heft a couple - or more - to the Cashier cage. Even if they were just nickels!

A common sight to us all as we descend into Reno is the Sparks Nugget. This was taken in 2006 so it was John Ascuaga's Nugget then.

Last edited by BC Dave on May Sat 05, 2018 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
mjames1229

PostPosted: Apr Sat 29, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spdmrcht wrote:
Great Clam Chowder, and shrimp and Lobster!!

Lobster pan roast! (he says, drooling.....)
mjames1229

PostPosted: May Mon 01, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spdmrcht

PostPosted: May Mon 01, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the Lobster pan Roast??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: