Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Italian Festival LAST TRIP of 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD

PostPosted: Sep Wed 28, 2016 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE myself for admitting this....but self loathing IS such a large part of the
Reno experience. I wanted to save my GSR comp....so I caved in.

In the larger picture....the $ 18.95 for a rooim at the Atlantis is no big deal but I hate rewarding them for the bait and switch. So after my Tuesday morning Virginia Street stroll (details to follow) I caved in and booked Atlantis for Tues/Wed at an EXTRA $ 18.95/night. Any bets what will show up on my credit card bill?

So I scored my $ 404 from the old Silver Legacy cash out voucher via the slot supervisor, JODI. No big deal and I might HAVE a host at SL. We will see.

Sherrie at Siri's was tipped off I was coming and she is still as cheerful and pleasant as could be. Now here is a tip.... Siris has NO players club cards but tell the bartender you are CHECKING IN. They use cell phone numbers (which they PROMISE not to sell).... to sorta track your play. when you sign in, you'll be comped a drink or some free play or something...they have not worked it out... but they are trying.

I like they allow eating at the bar. Yesterday it was chicken & waffles....today, an "Egg McNeva". Perfect. I got a LOT of play a few 4OK but gave it all back. Net= Zero .

Then off to Harrah's. My regular stop is the Jade bar. But a Tuesday morning it is DEAD. So I explore and find "Sammy's Bar" Odd...since Sammy Davis Jr. has been dead for years. They have the newest VP machines with a huge choice of games. Regina, the Brooklyn bartendress serves a great bloody Mary even if it did cost me $ 50. But I got a LOT of play for that $ 50. Besides it was from that $ 404 I was unsure if I'd ever see again. So a LOT of play.... a few good hands....but all I got was a new member of the $2 bill club.

When I retrieved the van from Sands...I thought I should use a couple of coupons so I bought in $ 100 to start their craps game....POOF went a C note. Poof went a seconds C note... $ 200 of my 404 gone in a heartbeat.
NOW the Sands loves me. I leave my required money on the nightstand and feel used.

Off to Atlantis.... more later. comments generate details.
JD

PostPosted: Sep Wed 28, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: What the HELL?? Reply with quote

So first thing Wed morning... I find a Keno ticket I forgot to check. Memory...fading...not to worry, I always buy 21 games. All fresh showered and sober need VP fix. And will fix that sober part soon too.

Plan is for repeat from last visit..GIANT JD ribs for tomorrows breakfast so I can shower afterwards. I have TWO spools of Dental Floss standing by.

Money count= - $300

Would be almost even if I never used that table game MATCH PLAY at Sands.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Sep Wed 28, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Rock on... Reply with quote

Things are clearly heating up now!

Great job on the $404 voucher, even if it did to go to heck pretty quick - I was prepared to hear you report, "No way, no how" on that one, so good for them...

I sympathize mightily with your desire to punish the bitch...er, I mean, bait'nswitchers, and yet sometimes, all you want is a clean room in which to rest and recharge...can't blame you for that.

Ribs for breakfast? You certainly do live on the wild side!

Details...the Devil's in there, as usual, but keep 'em comin!
JD

PostPosted: Sep Thu 29, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(to be viewed by STAN ALLEN, only):

Money count= + $ 1,555

It was a GOOOOOD night... After John left.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Thu 29, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Are congratulations in order? Reply with quote

It sounds like you either hit a royal flush or robbed a senior citizen. Let's hear about it.
JD

PostPosted: Sep Thu 29, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You left WAY TOO EARLY, John.

The Atlantis had a table game promotion... like a 4X multiplier on table games. So I bought in $100 on the 21 table. Again some goofy rules...I have to look up "Anything goes Blackjack". But the two guys playing seemed cool. And I about doubled my C note when I cashed out.

THEN I went back to the cabaret bar (after some undesirables departed)

By then, I was quite in the bag...so I went UP. Dbl/Dbl bonus Dollars X10 and finally got my 4 deuces no kicker. And played and got 4Ok nines too. Cashed out ticket was $ 1555 NO W-2G !!

And met a couple of Active duty (one Army, One Zoomie) and I was buyin rounds since they listened to my war stories.

NOW it's time fro breakfast in bed...Jack Daniels Ribs in the buff....no computer typing allowed.

Checking OUT of Atlantis...moving to GSR....then I might be homeless.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Sep Thu 29, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock 'n roll!

"Anything goes Blackjack"? Sounds like another euphemism for "Whatever benefits the house Blackjack"...but as long as it's in your favor, no biggie.

Keep the hits coming! This rib breakfast really intrigues me...let's have more details on your menu items as you go, if you please...
JD

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSR report:

Again with the real estate closing style check in.

"If you smoke in a No smoking room, your cc will be charged"
"I need your players car, confirm number and your photo ID"
"You cannot check in before 4 pm, and MUST check out before 11am. If you check out late A fee will apply"
" A $18 Resort fee and $ 2 DAILY Tourism Fee Will Be applied"

Sign here.
Initial here, here and here....

I need your photo ID...."
I JUST SHOWED IT TO YOU and you handed it back...you checking with homeland security?

I swipe and get my free buffet, but failed to use it in the three HOUR window it was valid.

I do OK at VP (4x points today)
But drop $ 500 or so on the live craps table....
Looking for uncashed vouchers today.

DO NOT CHECK OUT at 11:01 or it sounds like they'll sue ya.

My TWO night offer is no good tonight (FRIDAY) so I have to move after one day. Boomtown has no Sun-Thurs restrictions.

I hope they don't have a live craps table.

Rock River Band playing tonight at Sands. Not sure who's playing at Boomtown.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: still going Reply with quote

I had to catch up on the trip. Yes, Jack Daniel ribs from the Atlantis coffee shop. One of my favorite meals, but I never thought about having them for breakfast,

Good luck on getting a room at the Boom place. This is the last of September and the coupons expire,

I just got back from a stay at Lake Tahoe and Minden. I got another taxable jackpot,
JD

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big guy and can only down half of those ribs in one seating. But men with a full beard should be near a shower , toothbrush and two rolls of dental floss. This is easiest in the room with no clothing to stain.,
What was YOUR win, Swede?

Oh...and I've always thought Boomtown was cool for waiving the standard 2 night, SUN -THURS only offer. I'm IN FRI, SAT SUN full comp and confirmed.

And I still have some Atlantis money left. THEN the top of batting order is up now...being OCTOBER....lol.

Any GEEZERS like be get leg cramps only when in Reno? Last night I thought I was goin to die. I take Potassium and never have night time leg cramps in Oregon. Must need more beer.

Better check out of GSR .. would not want to pay the $ 900 late check out fee.

OFF TO BOOMTOWN
stan_allen

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Does Jack Black play Blackjack? Reply with quote

I'll be interested to hear what the Blackjack situation is at Ye Olde Boomtowne - "Super Single deck"? "Super sucker deck?" "Everything goes down the drain Blackjack"?

Doubling restrictions? Splitting? the laxer, the merrier...
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: keep them coming Reply with quote

CaSwede wrote:
Great story about Sherrie. It is a good thing you did not say anything offensive or you might have had a broken nose.

Well, I am off to Lake Tahoe. See everyone in a few days.

LOL, shhh, don't tell any one I was in tahoe on the 27-28th at Harrahs.
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: still going Reply with quote

CaSwede wrote:
I had to catch up on the trip. Yes, Jack Daniel ribs from the Atlantis coffee shop. One of my favorite meals, but I never thought about having them for breakfast,

Good luck on getting a room at the Boom place. This is the last of September and the coupons expire,

I just got back from a stay at Lake Tahoe and Minden. I got another taxable jackpot,
LOL again. we stayed at cvi last night. I probley tripped over you! Great Minds think alike!
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, your going to have to get some hats made up, so when we
run in to another drunk we know if we know them!!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: close by Reply with quote

Hats? How about a tattoo? I spent Tues. and Wed. night at the CVI. I was the guy walking around with $100 bills sticking out of my pocket. I hit a royal on a 50 cent machine for $2,000.

I don't want to hijack this thread....so back to the real action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: