Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balls out trip report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD

PostPosted: Mar Mon 21, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sands is next on my list, THEN the batting rotation rolls around again to the top of the line up. Atlantis has a deal if you have not had a comp for one week, you can do it all over again.

SO YESTERDAY I was kicking at NOON, I mentioned to someone it felt silly to worry about buying new tire chains when it was almost 70 degrees and thought I might be getting a sunburn....four hour later it was blowing ice pellets at anyone dumb enough not to use a sky bridge.....then rain...really hard rain....and temperature dropped into the high 30s. Today....(not sure exactly what day it is)....just overcast and forecast is for HOT craps tables.

I have developed a fondness for the Silver Legacy craps machines and a style of betting I could never afford at a real table. Like many hands, start off just a dollar line bet, dbl odds, and INSTEAD of $ 32 ACROSS at a table....I only need $ 1 on each 4-10. So $ 8 covers all # except props. And yes.... plenty of point/seven rolls. But instead of dropping $ 42, it's only $ 8.

Then press up every other time I hit. It pay at or a few cents better than the $ 6 for 6/8 and $ 5 min. 4,5,9,10.

Last night I put two $ 20s in, and had only about $12 left when a kid (they ALL look like kids now) hit a hand. When he finally sevened out, I had $ 350 on the layout, another $ 350 in credits and anothe r $ 10 in food comps.

That's all for now, where to go for breakfast??? Maybe Gold Dust West.

more later.
alison

PostPosted: Mar Mon 21, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jd how much longer will you be in Reno for?
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Mar Mon 21, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in that case then, hope you're still enjoying your trip, and sounds like you're really maximizing the comps to your advantage, whether it be food, lodging or whatever. Hell, I know somebody that pulled all that off for a whole whopping year and 3 months! Cool

Say hi to the big dessert display case at the Grille at the Gold Dust West for me!

Mammothgambler
JD

PostPosted: Mar Mon 21, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windy...very windy. RGJ says 3000 lost power and machines are all going crazy. NO PROGRESSIVE LINK....cannot play machine. Flights cancelled people over staying....others cancelling.

http://www.rgj.com/

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zYKJGtRcfMN4.k3rYcOXJTUhs

My favorite place to charge cell& laptop is Sands 3rd st bar.....far right.
Does not even open until 3 or 4 on weekdays..... I swipe. Did I get 10x points? NO Did I get TWO 2:1 buffets (does not include breakfast) YES!! ANyone in town? Besides JOHN? People are starting to talk.

The last time I checked into the Sands, it was kinda a hassle.

I had an e ail offer which said "print this". As I have THREE non working printers, I figured I could just copy everything. I was wrong.

So THIS time, I had to boot up my laptop, to keep my e mail from Sands (dtd 12 FEB) rigght up there where the clerk could see it. In doing so I DROPPED my laptop onto the hard floor in the (I still call it the MArgarita ville bar...I think "3rd Street bar just does not cut it). OUT pops the battery and the screen case is cracked. But works.

I finally get up to the front desk prepared to do battle at check in. "Missy" is having trouble with her pen...."Would you like my $ 2,000 Atlantis pen?"

"No thanks" "I have lots of those at home my Mom is a bartender at the Oyster BAR there"
time.

I have to give Missy's daughter, (Aubry) a deuce. "Oh, My Mom brings those home all the time."

Her Mom turned in a ticket I left in my machine two trips ago. Sitting in the cabaret bar, security comes up and tells me "You forgot this in your machine last night, the bartender turned it in.

Small world

Last edited by JD on Mar Wed 23, 2016 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
JD

PostPosted: Mar Mon 21, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison: Not sure how much longer I'll stay. I'll never beat Mammouth Gambler's record...Although I did drop $ 20 in a blazing sevens machine in his honor.

What'd ya have in mind?

Shower and fresh....ready to see CJ at the Bar.

JD...out.

Oh...just did a money count. Did not do as well as I thought last night I guess. Details later

EVERYBODY....Sands Barfett on me. It's the only thing I seem to "WIN".

Let's see if the progressives are working yet.

Last edited by JD on Mar Mon 21, 2016 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
remano

PostPosted: Mar Mon 21, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That's all for now, where to go for breakfast??? Maybe Gold Dust West."

I would suggest the Gold & Silver Inn, right across the street from GDW. It's been around for just about ever, privately owned, not franchised, doesn't look like much but the food is great. Give it a try.
JD

PostPosted: Mar Mon 21, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try that BUT....I have some points at Gold Dust WEst I need to use.

Chains required to Sack of Tomatoes. And I lost my glasses....cannot see what I'm typing. More later/
mjames1229

PostPosted: Mar Mon 21, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD wrote:
Alison: Not sure how much longer I'll stay. I'll never beat Mammouth Gambler's record...

If you make it until Memorial Day, I'll buy you breakfast.
JD

PostPosted: Mar Mon 21, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shoulda listened to Remano. I've had great meals, service and comps at Gold Dust West....so I walked....not a long walk. Wind is down, so is the temperature. Some rain and all the panhandlers disappeared.

A change in the weather did what City Council has spent a fortune trying,

I shoulda stayed in. Gold Dust West heard I was coing and closed their 24/7/365 restaurant, my slot club card would not work, no free play, no 3x, no drinks....walked to Cal Neva....and it was the WORST dead dairy cow I've ever sunk my incisors into.

Shoulda listened to Remano.... tomorrow, Remano.

They say MAYBE snow tonight. Turning on news now...more later.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Tue 22, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Does JD=Jack Daniel's? Reply with quote

Bravo! This is what some might call a "Living trip report", kinda like the "Living constitution" we hear fables of...

Great stuff, as always, JD!
JD

PostPosted: Mar Tue 22, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 10 hours sleep last night & am STILL tired.

I might split for Portland tomorrow....but the pass os packed snow for 60 miles or more.

http://tripcheck.com/RoadCams/cams/Willamette%20Pass_pid2613.JPG?rand=1458675010385

I wish I knew how to lock this image. It will show a live shot even after the snow melts....IF IT DOES NOT GET WORSE TONIGHT.

I still have unused room offers and money, but my liver hurts and all I can think of is long, wet grass at home.

Gotta go fill up with gas just in case I leave in the dead of night. $ 2.26/gallon at Shop n Go & Hi Point.

Oh...If you book the Sands, bring your own shampoo & Conditioner. Budget cuts. One wash cloth, One mouthwash, One lotion....one hand towel. But three smaller bath towels. It's comped and a great view towards Verdi with snow in the mountains (which is visible TODAY), and a huge mass of fluffy clouds above the Sierras but sunny in town.
TIMSPEED

PostPosted: Mar Tue 22, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD wrote:

I have developed a fondness for the Silver Legacy craps machines and a style of betting I could never afford at a real table. Like many hands, start off just a dollar line bet, dbl odds, and INSTEAD of $ 32 ACROSS at a table....I only need $ 1 on each 4-10. So $ 8 covers all # except props. And yes.... plenty of point/seven rolls. But instead of dropping $ 42, it's only $ 8.

Then press up every other time I hit. It pay at or a few cents better than the $ 6 for 6/8 and $ 5 min. 4,5,9,10.

Last night I put two $ 20s in, and had only about $12 left when a kid (they ALL look like kids now) hit a hand. When he finally sevened out, I had $ 350 on the layout, another $ 350 in credits and anothe r $ 10 in food comps.

The only bad part about that..is you ONLY had $350...
Also, there's a grumpy guy that always plays at Eldorado (craps machine) looks a bit like a haggard santa claus...guys always there with their notepads, haha.
I heard the nugget in sparks has a higher limit craps machine with 345x odds.
salemgambler

PostPosted: Mar Tue 22, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD,
I will be in Reno April 24,25,26,27. And staying at the Sands.....comp...not a big deal!
Last stayed there Labor Day weekend. So have they gotten CHEAPER! Give me a "heads up" on what to expect.
JD

PostPosted: Mar Tue 22, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find which bar "CJ" the bartender is working at.

Then tip him in $ 2 bills. It seems to work for me. I have to check out tomorrow morning (23 MAR) . I t seems I've worn out my welcome.

You MIGHT be able to buy some twos from Aubrey at check in. She has a couple and her Mom has a lot.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Wed 23, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject: Yum Reply with quote

I had not been in the Sands for a while when JD invited me to join him for a buffet at his expense. The selection was limited due the the small area, but the food was very good and the deserts were excellent. Thank you, JD! You da man.

After dinner, he showed me the house that the realtors beat him out of about a block from the Sands. It needed some work, but was really nice with lots of room.

It was good seeing you again, JD and thanks for letting me hijack your post and for luring me to GSR. See you next trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: