Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New contest with awesome prize

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Sun 06, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: New contest with awesome prize Reply with quote

The first person to identify the EXACT location (within 100 yards) where this video was made wins an awful awful at the downtown Reno Nugget and a beer or two at Shooters!
JD

PostPosted: Mar Sun 06, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: First IN Reply with quote

No idea.

But I will buy the second beer if anyone can tell me how wrong the visitreno.com clock is.

I just stopped by to get the web cam links....snow check.

The Testical Festival is next weekend. But the bus is terrible in the snow.

Forecast says snow. Quick...to the store and buy all the bread and milk before someone else gets it.
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Mar Sun 06, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New contest with awesome prize Reply with quote

It's at the tourn out of the over look on the rd from 395 on the south end of reno. to Virginia city.

john wrote:
The first person to identify the EXACT location (within 100 yards) where this video was made wins an awful awful at the downtown Reno Nugget and a beer or two at Shooters!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Mon 07, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: And we have a winner Reply with quote

Yes, spdmrcht, it is down the hill at the scenic turnout on the way to Virginia City. Send me a PM for details on collecting your prize.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Mon 07, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: too late Reply with quote

It looks like John bought himself a new toy. I recognize that lookout spot on Geiger Grade Rd- Hwy 341. I like to stop there on my way to Virginia City. John you should have flown it a little higher for better views of Reno. You are allowed to fly up to 300 feet.

I guess I am too late for the big prize as I have not checked into Visit Reno in awhile.... my error.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Mon 07, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Actually, it's an old toy Reply with quote

Hey Swede, you won second prize which is an awful awful at the Reno Nugget and a beer or two at Shooters. Send me a PM for details on collecting your prize.

I've posted crappy drone videos in the past. I've crashed the drone enough that it's a little unstable and unreliable, so I didn't want to send it too high. My new one should be here this week. I can't wait to crash it.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Tue 08, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Your old hiking grounds? Reply with quote

JD

PostPosted: Mar Tue 08, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I saw John up there, he was long boarding down Geiger Grade without a helmet.

Is it too late to enter the contest?

I'd post a photo but I'm not sure what the hocus pocus is to make it appear as if by magic.

I WAS planning on coming down for the Teste Fest, but while it may not be snowing IN RENO, I have to drive thru snow & ice on hwy 58 in Oregon as of Tues at 1:30 pm.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Tue 08, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Never too late Reply with quote

Congrats, JD. You won 3rd prize, which is an awful awful at the downtown Nugget and a beer or two at Shooters.

If the truth were to be known, it would show that JD was actually the first to respond with the correct answer. It took him about 47 seconds after I posted the contest to reply. He was kind enough to remove his post at my request due to his extreme familiarity with the Virginia City area.
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Mar Tue 08, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: BC. Dave. Reply with quote

I just heard a Ugly rumor that Dave has gotten another Year older today?
Any truth to that??
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Wed 09, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: There's just no privacy on the internet. Reply with quote

I've done about 36,210,000,000 miles while orbiting the sun. That's all I'm giving away. (Yes, I have a really cool pedometer.)
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Mar Wed 09, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: There's just no privacy on the internet. Reply with quote

Pie R squared? No Pie R Round! Cake R Square!

BC Dave wrote:
I've done about 36,210,000,000 miles while orbiting the sun. That's all I'm giving away. (Yes, I have a really cool pedometer.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: