Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annual Teste Fest Trip '17

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD

PostPosted: Mar Sun 05, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Annual Teste Fest Trip '17 Reply with quote

Well, I was just sorting thru my offer post cards. AND I often make it a point to go to the annual Virginia City Testicle Festival next weekend. Imagine my SHOCK when the traffic cams show SNOW for about 450 of the 560 mile road trip.

http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com/about-virginia-city/live-virginia-city-web-cam.html

Checking the Virginia Street traffic cam....snow on Virginia Street.

http://www.reno.gov/get-involved/watch-and-learn/reno-webcams/virginia-street-webcam

If I play my cards right and have my lawyer review all of the "terms and conditions", I can stay two WEEKS and only PAY for a room ONE night. And that will be in Virginia City (Silver Queen) on a Saturday night. I might have to drive my AWD SUV this time which means NO CRASHING in the back....a fall back position I like to have available. All of these options require a car so flying is out of the question.

I tried looking up "my offers" at SL & Eldo.... no go. I have ONE NIGHT post card offer at SL (which seems a little lame considering my play). I have a super post card calendar from Atlantis, but I no longer trust them to honor their offers.

Let me look up my spreadsheet. So the tentative batting order is (some offer repeats if 3 ,4 or 5 days between) : Boom, Boom, Boom, Silver Queen, SL, Sands (ATL), Sands (ATL), GSR, GSR, GSR, Boom, Boom, Boom . By then, I should have more SL or e mail offers. And there may be a few sofa surfing offers possible. My ATL postcard OFFERS four nights "FREE" in the middle of my stay....but that offer is marginally credible. BUT Melissa Dru is playing the cabaret and she is great so I hope ATL doesn't do that dreaded "upcharge" scam on a "FREE" room!

Oh...not a room offer, but match play at Siris, Free play & free food at Cal Neva.
Are you guys packed and wanna come with? Still want a running report?
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Sun 05, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: one vote- yes Reply with quote

Yes, I would like a running report. I always find them of interest with a little humor thrown in.

Miserable day today to be on the roads, but it is suppose to clear up.

Are you going to give Atlantis another chance?
Wolfdog

PostPosted: Mar Sun 05, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect more lameness from Eldo/SL. I've been with them for 20+ years, but good offers have dried up recently.
JD

PostPosted: Mar Sun 05, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Great Balls o' Fire Reply with quote

Atlantis: My current postcard SHOWS a FOUR day in a row (very unusual...usually specifies two only....then a week before any more) . BUT I have not made reservations. I HAVE reservations that they will honor it. Besides...I might chicken out if weather does not lift.

My PLAN is to arrive...THEN try the ATL offer (and assume they will try to bait and switch me). My fall back plan if they do that is SANDS. Problem is, the Melissa Dru band (members of the $ 2 bill club) is at ATL for the entire week...she is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cfJ2wr3noc

Silver Legacy (never got squat out of Eldo) : Read my last year trip reports....I have played a LOT at SL. And won... several W-2 Gs...and Net profit of $ 1,200 - $ 1,600 last 3 years with just under $ 50 k coin in. Remember the $ 404 cash out ticket? And ONE comped night offer with ZERO free play !

AND my last visit to ATL they made me BUY (on a "free" offer up sell of $39) after a couple of 5 star Yelp reviews & huge play with a couple of W2-Gs. Yet Alison...(bless her avatar), seems to get a better offer. Note to self: I need to choose a better avatar. (Edited to add: Checked my Profit/loss at ATL: Also just under $ 50k coin in & also net winner over past 4 years)

My plan at SL is to drop a very collectable bottle of early Oregon Pinot Noir as a gift for the wine boss to see if that gets me anything special. It did NOT work at ATL !! Never even got a thank you. My spiffs to the SL & ATL bartenders has not done squat. Will report if the SL wine boss has the juice to fix me.

It might be time to visit Buzz at Harrah's and see if HE has any pull.

Oh....and JOHN: I think I still have $ 37 in food comps at P Mill if they don't give me the old, " Oh....we purged THOSE comps last month...sorry"

So expect high drama next week. It might just end up being a trip report from the Oregon Lottery Video Poker from some bar in Klamath Falls.

As always...comments bring updates. Possibly amusing ones. Probably excessively long and rambling ones for sure.
alison

PostPosted: Mar Mon 06, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Great Balls o' Fire Reply with quote

JD wrote:
Atlantis: My current postcard SHOWS a FOUR day in a row (very unusual...usually specifies two only....then a week before any more) . BUT I have not made reservations. I HAVE reservations that they will honor it. Besides...I might chicken out if weather does not lift.

My PLAN is to arrive...THEN try the ATL offer (and assume they will try to bait and switch me). My fall back plan if they do that is SANDS. Problem is, the Melissa Dru band (members of the $ 2 bill club) is at ATL for the entire week...she is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cfJ2wr3noc

Silver Legacy (never got squat out of Eldo) : Read my last year trip reports....I have played a LOT at SL. And won... several W-2 Gs...and Net profit of $ 1,200 - $ 1,600 last 3 years with just under $ 50 k coin in. Remember the $ 404 cash out ticket? And ONE comped night offer with ZERO free play !

AND my last visit to ATL they made me BUY (on a "free" offer up sell of $39) after a couple of 5 star Yelp reviews & huge play with a couple of W2-Gs. Yet Alison...(bless her avatar), seems to get a better offer. Note to self: I need to choose a better avatar. (Edited to add: Checked my Profit/loss at ATL: Also just under $ 50k coin in & also net winner over past 4 years)

My plan at SL is to drop a very collectable bottle of early Oregon Pinot Noir as a gift for the wine boss to see if that gets me anything special. It did NOT work at ATL !! Never even got a thank you. My spiffs to the SL & ATL bartenders has not done squat. Will report if the SL wine boss has the juice to fix me.

It might be time to visit Buzz at Harrah's and see if HE has any pull.

Oh....and JOHN: I think I still have $ 37 in food comps at P Mill if they don't give me the old, " Oh....we purged THOSE comps last month...sorry"

So expect high drama next week. It might just end up being a trip report from the Oregon Lottery Video Poker from some bar in Klamath Falls.

As always...comments bring updates. Possibly amusing ones. Probably excessively long and rambling ones for sure.

Im telling ya its all who you know..lol.. Do you want me to email you the host i have spoken with? I actually have not gotten any offers from the Atlantis for that time period as of yet. When i lof in to the atlantis site, and select my personal rate and the dates i want..it does give me a rate of $100 for sat, $30 for the next two nights then a comp night. I tell ya what, they wont be upselling me anything at ATl...i will take my basic room. i also was told by host no resort fees. They booked me under a player development offer so i dont need to use any of my comped nights if i do receive some down the road. I only earned 65 tier points when i was in there too...so im glad to get it comped up front. The other host i talked to was not willing to do so. Clearly they dont know me or my avatar...lol

Look forward to hearing about your adventures.... BTW Wheres Jerry? Any word from him??
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Mar Mon 06, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Teste Fest Trip '17 Reply with quote

Whats the dates, I missed that.

JD wrote:
Well, I was just sorting thru my offer post cards. AND I often make it a point to go to the annual Virginia City Testicle Festival next weekend. Imagine my SHOCK when the traffic cams show SNOW for about 450 of the 560 mile road trip.

http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com/about-virginia-city/live-virginia-city-web-cam.html

Checking the Virginia Street traffic cam....snow on Virginia Street.

http://www.reno.gov/get-involved/watch-and-learn/reno-webcams/virginia-street-webcam

If I play my cards right and have my lawyer review all of the "terms and conditions", I can stay two WEEKS and only PAY for a room ONE night. And that will be in Virginia City (Silver Queen) on a Saturday night. I might have to drive my AWD SUV this time which means NO CRASHING in the back....a fall back position I like to have available. All of these options require a car so flying is out of the question.

I tried looking up "my offers" at SL & Eldo.... no go. I have ONE NIGHT post card offer at SL (which seems a little lame considering my play). I have a super post card calendar from Atlantis, but I no longer trust them to honor their offers.

Let me look up my spreadsheet. So the tentative batting order is (some offer repeats if 3 ,4 or 5 days between) : Boom, Boom, Boom, Silver Queen, SL, Sands (ATL), Sands (ATL), GSR, GSR, GSR, Boom, Boom, Boom . By then, I should have more SL or e mail offers. And there may be a few sofa surfing offers possible. My ATL postcard OFFERS four nights "FREE" in the middle of my stay....but that offer is marginally credible. BUT Melissa Dru is playing the cabaret and she is great so I hope ATL doesn't do that dreaded "upcharge" scam on a "FREE" room!

Oh...not a room offer, but match play at Siris, Free play & free food at Cal Neva.
Are you guys packed and wanna come with? Still want a running report?
JD

PostPosted: Mar Mon 06, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: 560 miles with chains? Reply with quote

Hey Spdmrch...what's happening? Taking the AWD SUV this time.

The Testicle Festival is the only FIXED date. Saturday, 11 MAR in VC.

After a close study of my post cards and e mails....I see I COULD use a GSR comp which includes 2 George Thorogood tickets.

https://www.grandsierraresort.com/entertainment-and-nightlife/george-thorogood-and-the-destroyers-rock-party-tour?gclid=CMiJqqWew9ICFQS2wAodJiQADg

I need to re-read and study my 2016 "Balls out" trip report again.
alison

PostPosted: Mar Mon 06, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testicle Festival??? My imagination is wandering...
JD

PostPosted: Mar Mon 06, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire Reply with quote

Oh Alison...obviously you've been hangin out with the wrong crowd.

http://carsonnow.org/story/02/02/2016/whose-nuts-virginia-city-celebrate-25th-rocky-mountain-oyster-fry-festival-march

This is an annual event where females are encouraged to "get even"

http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com/events/rocky-mountain-oyster-fry.html

Besides being pun ished.... every play on words, costumes, jokes and ball bustin is on the table.

https://www.yelp.com/events/virginia-city-giveaway-balls-and-brews-at-virginia-city-mountain-oyster-fry

And the weirdos in VC cannot seem to have an ordinary "St Patrick's Day" Parade and serve corned beef and cabbage like normal people.

It's a parade, food booths, competition tasting, cash awards, costumes that make those pussy hats look tame, and a little alcohol.

https://www.google.com/search?q=virginia+City+Testicle+Festival&biw=1366&bih=657&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZvIazwsPSAhVG-GMKHRqYAqsQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1

About 30 Reno Yelpers SAY they'll be there... but I find it disturbing the enthusiasm some of the lady Yelpers look forward to.... well whatever they seem want to do.

https://www.yelp.com/events/interested/B0p5oZALU3Mo2_ntJOr9bA
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Mar Mon 06, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alison wrote:
Testicle Festival??? My imagination is wandering...

Is that anything like Mountain Oysters??
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Tue 07, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Ye ouch Reply with quote

Somehow the thought of boiled balls( and related parts ) or even worse - deep fried balls makes me want to cross my legs.....not get hungry.

I have a friend that took his present wife to one of the festivals as a first date. They are still married.

I have never tried them and they are not on my bucket list. I asked my friend how they tasted and he said they just don't feel right on the tongue. Shocked
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Tue 07, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: The moderator steps in! Reply with quote

Ah, what was I going to say? Oh yeah, CaSwede, a couple is OK. You definitely don't want a 'bucket' full!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Thu 09, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: lets go Reply with quote

Hey JD. The roads are clear of snow, bright blue skies in Reno and hot video poker machines await your arrival.

Put in a fresh shag rug in the Partridge Family bus and get going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: