Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just couldn't pass this Reno offer up TR 3/5-3/7
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryder

PostPosted: Mar Tue 21, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Just couldn't pass this Reno offer up TR 3/5-3/7 Reply with quote

The offer came in the mail in February and five minutes later I was booked.

I had played pretty heavily at the Peppermill in October 2005, and they offered me 2 nights in a Penthouse suite, limo to and from airport, and $1000.00 in free slot play.

Had a couple of friends join me in Reno, but made them get their own rooms.

We all arrived at the same time, so Limo driver was waiting for us in baggage claim. Had no problem taking 2 other people and we started out the ride making a few cocktails in the back. Tipped the driver 100 bucks, so we could possibly get a ride later on in the trip to some gentlemens clubs.

Suite

Checked in at VIP desk and was immediately given a key to my suite. Everyone was so friendly. Room was 1200 Sq. Ft. had a full bar, hot tub, steam shower, 4 TV's, dining area, 2 bathrooms, floor to ceiling windows and a separate bedroom. Awesome room, but kind of a waste since I didn't bring Mrs. Ryder along. Plus except for sleeping, shitting, showering, and shaving, I really didn't spend much time in it.

Gambling

I always wanted to play a 25 cent 50-play DDB machine ($62.50 per spin), so since I had 1K in free slot play, I decided to try out 500 bucks in one. I set a goal that if I doubled my money, I would cash out. I ended up playing the 50-play machine for several hours on the 500 bucks, but never cashed out. Second hand was dealt 3 aces, and out of 50 hands I didn't catch a single quad aces (sucks)

Played a ton of Keno (yeah go ahead an laugh), where I hit a few 6 spots, but nothing more. Usually had 5-7 ABC cards playing for 10 games each on both the blue and red keno games for most of my stay.

Otherwise mostly stayed with 5 or 10 play VP machines and a few slots.

I feel like a gambled a ton, but ended up spending my entire allotment on this trip. it was fun having the free slot play, where I tried out of bunch of machines that I normally would not have played.

Host told me that I put on 4700 points during this stay, which seems low (sorry do not know how Peppermil's slot point system works)

Entertainment

From suggestions on this board, my friends and I headed off to White Orchid for some entertainment. Sunday night, the place was dead, but those dancers sure could smell our money. Peppermill limo dropped us off and picked us up, which was nice. We had a good time, let loose and got pretty drunk.

Food

Believe it or not I pretty much ate all meals at the Peppermill Cafe (I love this place) Had everything from Breakfast to a decent Fillet.

Observations

One thing that I have really noticed about Reno (maybe it is just the Peppermill) is that everyone is so friendly. They all tried to remember my name, where I was from, and what I drank. Even the maid wrote me a nice thank you letter for leaving a tip the first night.

What is it about the Peppermill!!! I just love this place. They really seem to treat you right.

When I returned I had a message at home from my Host, thanking me for my stay and offering me the same package the next time I return.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Tue 21, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Gorillas in the Peppermist Reply with quote

Boy, that sure sounds like the life. So please tell me, as I'm someone who will probably never reach that level - what kind of gambling budget does one have to drop at the Peppermill to receive an offer like yours???
ErininSD

PostPosted: Mar Tue 21, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved reading a "high-roller" report on this board. We don't see them very often...lol!

I used to love the Peppermill, but I actually think they've tightened up in comps. Who knows how much coin in = 4700 pts, because they've kept there comp program a total mystery. Ya, I'm a little bitter. I put in some serious coin during this past trip and felt the comps weren't sufficient. That's why I've decided to stick with Harrahs, although I'm a slot player and hear their VP paytables suck, but at least I can understand their program...lol....even after a few cocktails!

I can't wait for the new tower, at the 'Mill. With action like your's you should get some pretty sweet rooms. I've never been offered the Penthouse suite, the best they've sent me is the Imperial or Luxury suites. Next time your host calls tell him you want one of the super suites and see what he says...lol!

Glad you had a fun time. Can't comment on the strip club, as I've never been there...lol.

I used to love the Peppermill, but don't think I'll be back until they complete the construction. Hopefully by that time, they will have upgraded the tower rooms.
alison

PostPosted: Mar Wed 22, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you got $1000.00 in free play? You must put alot of money thru the machines. What tier level are you with the passport card?

Alison
Ryder

PostPosted: Mar Wed 22, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Gorillas in the Peppermist Reply with quote

stan_allen wrote:
Boy, that sure sounds like the life. So please tell me, as I'm someone who will probably never reach that level - what kind of gambling budget does one have to drop at the Peppermill to receive an offer like yours???

Too Funny!!!! Never been called a high roller before and I am definetely not one either.

My last trip to Peppermill in October 05, I ended up winning 22K on Keno within 10 minutes of arriving. So I took 10K of my winnings and gambled heavy (something I usually do not do) My guess is that the royal treatment I got on this trip was because of this.

As for this trip, I budgeted 4K for gambling and went home with 60 bucks in my pocket. Like most on here I usually do not win. A win for me is when I do not have to hit the ATM machine. As long as I have some fun, then I am OK with losing my allotted gambling budget.
Ryder

PostPosted: Mar Wed 22, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alison wrote:
Wow, you got $1000.00 in free play? You must put alot of money thru the machines. What tier level are you with the passport card?

Alison

Allison, I use to be a gold level player, but when i checked in at the Kiosk, they stated I was a platinum level and gave me a platinum card.

I would still like to know how their point system works. Exactly how much coin-in equals 1 point. Their platinum level states you need 7500 points....is this 7500 points per each visit, in one year....or what. I guess Erin is correct about the Peppermills comp system being a mystery.
alison

PostPosted: Mar Wed 22, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the system t the pep is kinda a mystery, i dont get it. I played alot this last trip. i am hoping to get bumped up. i think its is based on your total play but i am not sure.

do you know what your coin in/out amts were?
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Wed 22, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Pepp is very strong on comps and offers. At the Pepp it is suppose to be $40= 1 point, according to one data base. So, if you put 7,500 points on your card, then that means that you put through $300,000 in play. No wonder they give you a suite and all the other goodies.

You say you are not a high roller, but I think you are, but more important is the Peppermill thinks you are also. Take advantage of the perks.
alison

PostPosted: Mar Wed 22, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caswede,

Where did you see/read that you have to have $40.00 coin in to earn 1 point? That seems kinda high. Yuck if thats true.

yeah you would have to run some serious cash thru the machines to earn $1000.00 in free play. I have never heard of anyone getting that much. wow!

Alison
ErininSD

PostPosted: Mar Wed 22, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison, I have a Gold Card....what level are you?

Not sure how we got the gold card. I always inquire how many "tier" points I have when I'm there and it seems like the total never moves, unlike Harrahs. I always seem to be in the 2700 area. $40 coin in for 1 point, is a rip off. The other thing I don't like is that they take their room offers from your comp points. I've also noticed that I don't get reduced slot tourney offers anymore. They're always full price, and I feel as though I've put more coin thru...who knows???
alison

PostPosted: Mar Thu 23, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin,

I am the Gold Level. My friend just got bumped up to gold we noticed on our last trip. I typically play twice as much coin thru the machines which really suprised me that she was bumped up.

What type of free play offers do they usually send you?

Alison
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Thu 23, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison- I think I was at the Peppermill the same time as you. I was there only for one night. Were you the good looking woman dancing at the Cabaret lounge that kept upbuttoning her blouse? Laughing

Anyway- here is the information you requested. This is from the VPfree Reno site:

Players Club Information

$40 Coin-In = about 1 Point

Cashback = None

Earned Comps = around 0.75%

Points Expire after 12 months
alison

PostPosted: Mar Thu 23, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahah! so funny. No that was not me.

I cant believe it takes $40.00 in coin in to earn 1 point. As much as i love the Peppermill, that sounds like a rip off.

Luckily i have someone there who takes care of me no matter what so it really does not matter how much i play. I am very fortunate for that. I did have to unbutton my top for him to hook that up!! LOL Just kidding.
Ryder

PostPosted: Mar Thu 23, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaSwede

I am wondering since this info came from VPfree that the $40.00 Coin in = 1 point is for video poker play only. Maybe the slot play is less.....more like $20.00 coin in for 1 Point.

Who knows, still wonder why Peppermill is silent when it comes to all of this.

I do know that the Peppermill charged my comp account $450.00 for the 2 nights in the penthouse suite. Kind of a waste since I barely spent anytime in it.
alison

PostPosted: Mar Thu 23, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i wonder if that is for VP as well. Typically you have to have double the coin in on VP as you do slots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: