Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SW voucher & met a man & son on flight & check f

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAPA

PostPosted: Aug Sun 02, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: SW voucher & met a man & son on flight & check f Reply with quote

I went to the airport for my flight to RNO on SW and got on the bump list. They took my name as they were oversold but in the end they didn't need me. So we land at MDW and again I volunteer this time I was needed and got about $550 in a voucher now they have me going to RNO thru LAS. On the flight to RNO I sat next to a man and his son (who has CP) and they told me they were going to RNO then a 2 hours ride to see his parents who are on in years. What was really interesting was how he was most attentive to his son and really looked after him. I like to see that when I'm traveling where a parent shows how they care about their child or children. He was able to take him as he had a Companion Pass and apparently they travel a lot. Maybe SW had that in mind when they came up with the Companion Pass. So, I get to my hotel of choice and spent the night. This AM after checking out ran into a guy who use to be with a pest control company and he told me how to check for bedbugs.

Put the bag(s) in the bath tub and check the headboard for black things maybe like pepper. Pull the sheets back and look for black ink type stains on the mattress and then around the border of the mattress. If there is a problem then get another room.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Aug Wed 05, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: The VAPA Vamp... Reply with quote

Great anecdote, and great travel tips, in one post - thanks!
Zydeco

PostPosted: Aug Sat 08, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love meeting people when traveling. Delays, while annoying, have produced some of the best connections for me.

Bed bugs, bags always in the tubs first!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: