Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question from new member:me!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andymac

PostPosted: Mar Tue 24, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: Question from new member:me! Reply with quote

Hi I'm Andy Mac,I live in S.E.England (Kent) U.K.
New to this site,but have been to Vegas many times.As I have friends in S.San Francisco,I have always combined my holidays (vacations).
Now,though,next time I would like to hire a vehicle and drive to Reno to spend a few days there.I love to gamble with table games my favourite.
But I have read a lot about D/T Reno being unsafe.Is this true and how bad?
Also I have been looking at Atlantis,El Dorado and Peppermill to stay but web sites only tell you so much.So can anyone answer these questions for me please.Not sure when I willbe able to go but I do know roads from SF to Reno can be a problem.Thanks.Andy. Smile
mjames1229

PostPosted: Mar Tue 24, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never felt unsafe on Virginia St. in downtown Reno. I might hesitate walking from Harrah's to the Sands (about a 2-3 block walk) after dark, but never on Virginia St.

That's not to say that you would be free from buskers or panhandlers... they can be on any street corner or even continuously walking. However I've never been bothered when I walk past and ignore them.

The Atlantis and Peppermill are a few miles down the road from downtown. They are on Virginia St., but unless you walk from one property to the other, you wouldn't be walking from one of them to a downtown property. The Atlantis and Peppermill are two of the nicest properties outside of downtown.

The Eldorado (and the adjacent Silver Legacy) are very nice properties downtown. I have never stayed at either, but from others recommendations I would pass along that both are very good.
NCISFan

PostPosted: Mar Tue 24, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that I have never felt unsafe on Virginia St. You may see a few seedy characters but just ignore them. I have been bothered more by questionable people on Fremont St in Las Vegas than in Reno. Come the Reno and have a good time.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Wed 25, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reno is quite dandy, thank you very much... Reply with quote

The notion that Reno is "Unsafe" for visitors is false. The truly bad neighborhoods are not adjacent or near to the downtown 'strip', which is where the fun is to be had. I wouldn't go wandering at random outside the downtown if I were a first-time visitor, but in no way should you be discouraged from going.

If you love table games, you will love Reno, where affordable fun still prevails, unlike Reno's too-big-for-its-own-britches brethren, Las Vegas - no, there are no volcanoes, pirate-ship shows, water fountain-light shows, or exotic tigers, but if gambling is your thing, Reno is where the action is.

Do not hesitate! And stop in at Cal-Neva for the best minimums and odds!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: