Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JD's parlay offers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenofool

PostPosted: Oct Mon 06, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: $2.00 bill club Reply with quote

ok, whats the meaning of a $2.00 bill club?
JD

PostPosted: Oct Tue 07, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just means I tip with $ 2 bills...kinda an inside joke.

I'm back down to Reno after a few days in Virginia City.

Heard some great music...Red Dawn w/Jack DiCarlo, Fillmore Zone, Lonesome Wayne & Stogy...& more.

But I'm a little concerned no one commented on the outhouse races.

http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com/events/world-championship-outhouse-races.html

MY favorite entry: "Dropping Deuces"

https://www.google.com/search?q=virginia+city+outhouse+races&biw=979&bih=436&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=nmo1VKXTN5XqoATt6YEQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Back at the Atlantis again now.

Details upon request.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Oct Wed 08, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD wrote:

Details upon request.

This is an official request for details. I may learn something of value.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Thu 09, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Please! Reply with quote

Details requested ...... please!
JD

PostPosted: Oct Thu 09, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next installment will be:

The $ 200 Chicken & Waffles at Siri's (with stripper pole)
John gets jumped in the Eldo parking lot
"OH, CRAP"
And "PUSH THE BUTTON"

All to be written by John.

And edited by ME.

Still the Atlantis Oyster Bar (Joe & Tony) have been very good to me.
Strongly recommended.

Siri's, not so much.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Fri 10, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Siri's pole dancing Reply with quote

Last Saturday, JD called me from Siri's. The background noise sounded like a Rolling Stones concert - major party. He later told tales of bartenders pole dancing behind the bar and, naturally, I just had to see that. So, on Wednesday night, we head down to Siri's to belold the awesome splendor of beautiful bartenders displaying their talents on the "stripper" pole. Suffice it to say it could have been better. Not only did the bartender not swing on the pole, "HE" wasn't even pretty. The only part of JD's tale that held true was the existence of an unattended pole. I'm not even sure there were any women in the place at all.

And yes, I did get jumped in the Eldorado parking lot. It seems that all the time we were feeding the machines at Siri's and sighing heavily at the empty pole, my car battery was quietly being drained by the headlights I had forgotten to turn off. I'm still searching for a way to blame JD for that. The Eldorado was kind enough to send someone out with jumper cables to fire the old beast up. He also got the car started. On the up side, I didn't get the DUI I so richly deserved due to very careful navigation of back roads to the Atlantis.

Tonight, JD and I are going to give Siri's another chance to produce go-go dancers at the bar. According to their low tech website, that is supposed to happen on Friday and Saturday nights. I am just sooooo excited!

JD, am I supposed to elaborate on the "Push the Button" reference?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Sat 11, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Continued... Reply with quote

Since I've already hijacked JD's trip report, I'll update you on the go go dancer at Siri's. Her name is something like Tova and she's a pretty good pole dancer and a very nice lady.

Short videos on request. Oh drat, I'm starting to sound like JD.

And this, just in time for Haloween:

Last edited by john on Oct Sat 11, 2014 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
JD

PostPosted: Oct Sat 11, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John forgot to mention the craps machine at SIlver Legacy... where it all went right. AND we met the original "PUSH THE BUTTON" voice model.

But my laptop battery must have caught something from John's car battery....it too, is nearly dead.

Now where should I get it "jumped"?

And John has my permission to review the Silver Legacy AND the snack bar at Siri's.
JD

PostPosted: Oct Mon 13, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have discovered THE SECRET of hitting TWO royals (both dbl/dbl bonus) both closely followed (within ten hands) by 4OK (one with aces w/kicker, one deuces w/Ace)
on one trip.

Details to follow on request... unless John tells all first.

Battery on laptop slowly going dead.

Back to Portland now.....should be home in 9 1/2 hours.

JD OUT
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Tue 14, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Request response requested ... Reply with quote

Alright JD & JM, consider this a formal and official request for details, videos and other all other stuff related to your big night out at Siri's. JD, congrats on your wins and we would really like to know your Royal Flush secret(s).

How come Siri's gets a pole and Shooter's had to take their's down?
CaSwede

PostPosted: Oct Wed 15, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: ready to receive the secret Reply with quote

I am also interested in learning THE SECRET to hitting TWO royal flushes. I am thinking it involves getting enough alcohol in the blood stream.
JD

PostPosted: Oct Wed 15, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: JD's parlay offers Reply with quote

I was unable to secure a "buy one, get two free" room offers as Eldo had e mailed me on 09 OCT (must check in Sun - Thur). Pissed me off.

"Sorry this is the last day of the Italian Festival " says the Eldo reservations (strongly recommended) .

And when I get home is a GSM "two free nights " offer waiting in my mail box.

But it would be rude to complain as I left Reno with more than I arrived with after two full weeks of driving (12 mpg), tipping and tippling .

For those of us that believe in kismet... here is how I did it, and you're right. Start my inflicting heavy damage on your liver.

So here is what looks like a pattern:

1. Start off with a few bloody Marys with modest VP Dbl/Dbl Bonus at the bar.

2. Wait for call from John to arrange a meeting and competive gaming session.

3. After John gets way up, and I fall way behind.... allow John's ego to get the better of him and quits after showing off (either on VP or the "PUSH THE BUTTON" machine). Until John gives up and goes home. Allow 20 minutes to pass.

4. At Atlantis....in a sloppy, loud drunk kinda way...ask the bartender who the hardest working busboy is (as the 16 year old busboy is nearby). "How long have you worked here?"
"Three weeks sir".
"My first job was as a busboy. Has anyone ever tipped you?"
"No sir"
"Here's a $ 2 bill. Keep up the hard work and you'll own this place one day"

(Bartender in stitches)

6. Go UP to 10x quarters and immediately hit a natural royal. Four or five hands after payout, hit a four aces w/ a three for another $ 500

7. Call John and gloat. "You left too early'

----------------

At Silver Legacy

Friday night a guy just plops at the machine on my right and hits a dollar royal on his fifthe or six hand....and follows up with a $ 700 bartop Keno win.

Sat night same bar, different machine.... I see the progressive reset....it's the lady on my left $ 1212 and she gets a w-2G. "Damn...when is MY turn?"

Sunday night John is again beating me soundly (on the dark side) at the Craps machine (each of us puts in $ 100) when three girls show up and John shows off. He leaves in a huff after busting out and leaves me with his 39 cent credit slip. I put it in MY machine and build my $ 40 up to about $ 125 when I cash out and again go to the SL Silver Baron Lounge to see "Jamie" the one man band.

One trip to the very busy John....no...the pisser "John", the head, latrine, "bath room" (no bath) with one full time attendant trying to keep it clean during the aftermath of the last day of the Italian Festival.

1. On the way out, I tip the attendant a $ 2 bill.
2. Return to bar....Immediately hit my $ 1032 progressive followed in five or six hands with a $ 250 4 OK (2,2,2,A,2).
3. I hadn't even cashed out my royal yet and tickets just start coming out automatically.

------------------

What can we learn from this?

Tipping those that rarely gets tips generates karma?
John's bad luck is my good luck?
There is a God?
Drinking enough not to be too careful is SOMETIMES good?

Beats me. But I did leave another gloating message on John's phone just in case/

After all expenses, fuel, meals, & tips (spent about $ 250 + in $ 2 tips) I did OK....and it was SO EASY.

----------------

But I fear my gloating has pissed off John.

So who cares? I'm much more fun when I have money.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Oct Thu 16, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Eldoin' it Reply with quote

Now, that's some good stuff, there - one of these days, when I'm not a cockroach of a low-roller, I shall endeavor to try some of these tips from the master.

And yes, as a low-roller, I can confirm that I've never gotten anything out of the Eldo free-spin "Treasures of the Sierra Madre", or Incas, or whatever it is other than a discounted room rate, a discount for show tickets, or a pen.

Thanks for all the filthy details!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Thu 16, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Oh, that JD... Reply with quote

Yes, it seems my bad luck was his good luck, but I have no hard feelings. As a matter of fact, I thought of JD when I woke up during my colonoscopy yesterday and wished he was there instead of me.

And for BC Dave, here's the pole dance movie. It isn't very good quality due to the low light conditions and lack of ability on my part.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Thu 16, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Siri-ously hijacked! Reply with quote

We've had attempted hijacking of threads on this board many times before. John just took JD's plane to Cuba!

JD, sounds like you had the ultimate Reno bleary eyed adventure. And I think I can essentialize your method to Back to Back Royals. "A drinking Gambler is a luckier gambler." Congrats, by the way on your overall good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: