Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CONCERTS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenofool

PostPosted: Mar Fri 07, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: CONCERTS Reply with quote

Is there a good rock n roll concert in the reno area in the next few months.
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Mar Fri 07, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the Silver Legacy web site they have a bunch coming up.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Fri 07, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: more information Reply with quote

The staff here at Visitreno tries to keep us informed on all the lastest information-
http://visitreno.com/reno_entertainment/index.php?sort=dates
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Fri 07, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Cornucopia of Rock Reply with quote

It's true; John does a valiant job keeping those links updated.

And look at that smorgasbord of selections!

-Foghat
-KC & the Sunshine Band - okay, they are clearly not a "rock and roll" act, but you can't go wrong with a show of theirs.
-Journey and Steve Miller band - I can live without the music of Journey, but Steve Miller would be cool to see.
-Three Dog Night
-Motley Crue
-Foreigner

Doesnt' get much more "Classic Rock" than that....
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Sat 08, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: This is de'place Reply with quote

If you are looking for any information on Reno, Visitreno probably has what you need......one stop shopping.

I was looking over the concert list and I saw the concert of Straits at the end of the month. I had to look it up and I see that a lot of the old members of Dire Straits got back together to play their songs. However, this group does not have Mark Knopfler. I am not sure how you can have Dire Straits stuff without Mark? I love the Dire Straits music and did see them play live in the 90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SEULZIHru0
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Sun 09, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: I may have a problem? Reply with quote

OK, this subject got me all fired up for old time rock and roll. This is just my opinion, but I think the best music video of all time was Robert Palmer (RIP) with Simply Irresistible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGw_cOgwa8
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Tue 11, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: ZZ Top that! Reply with quote

It's not a hijacking if we wind up at an even cooler destination...

And the debate of "What's the greatest music video?" could go on and on and on...and I have my personal favorites, but I will propose that an argument can be made for ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man", which has every component imaginable of a great video: great guitars, cool car, glamorous '80's girls, and a steppin'-out fantasy of nightclub royalty.

While Palmer clearly earned a place in video supremacy, those women always struck me as a little too sallow.

And yes, we need the obligatory "Check the visitreno.com main site" smackdown to encourage usage of the resource, but the "smackdown" is really more of a love tap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: