Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I got promoted!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Tue 29, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: I got promoted! Reply with quote

John has placed a great and solemn honor upon me. I am now officially a VisitReno.com moderator. I am proudly accepting this position with one proviso. That is; This has been Jerry's job for a great many years and should he wish to reclaim it, I will proudly pass the torch back to him.

The only copy of the job description was lost by Jerry in the back country of southern Oregon while tracking a large pack of Sasquatches. So I'm going to have to wing it. Rule by whim - mmmmmmmmmmm!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Tue 29, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Moderator's manual Reply with quote

BC Moderator Dave,

I emailed the 2,487 page moderator manual to you, but it was returned because the file size was too large, and the postage cost of mailing a book that size to Canada is prohibitive.

The Visitreno.com legal team was gracious enough to spend countless hours condensing the manual so I could post it in this thread. Here is their short version of the manual:

"Do whatever you want, even if it's nothing".

Welcome aboard, Dave.

I would like to take pause here to thank all of our board members for making BC Dave's job one of the easiest in the world. This board went online around the turn of the century, and in all that time, I have had to edit only one post. I've looked at many boards and was disheartened by all the flaming and downright nasty ways members treat each other. This board has none of that and I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

Thank you again - you are the best!

John
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Tue 29, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Sounds good! Reply with quote

Sounds like I don't have my work cut out for me. I have no problem with that. Thanks John!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Oct Thu 31, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: It is about time Reply with quote

Well congratulations on the new position. This will look good on your resume, and the extra paycheck each month will come in handy.

I am expecting higher quality posts now that the new Sheriff is in charge.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Oct Thu 31, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: All hail the mighty BCDave.... Reply with quote

Wow! Dave, remember, someone once said, "With great power comes great...."..well, something or other; I can't quite recall how it ended.

But the point is this: ...shoot, well, I can't remember that either.

How about a toast? All hail the mighty BCDave, keeper of the site, propagate-keeper of the domain realms, and issuer of the HTML5 - long may his glory reign!!!

Plus, John's right: you couldn't have asked for a more attractive group to work for - look at us; we're gorgeous!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Thu 31, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Matt Dillon Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah, Stan, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Thats probably evident in the following words ....

Over the past couple of years Mrs. BC and I have become big fans of the old Gunsmoke TV series. Matt Dillon is my ideal peace officer. Very tolerant, but when somebody crosses the line - it's,"Get outta Dodge!" (or Reno). So I'll try to model my moderating duties after him. So beware, cross that line and you may be sent packing to Sparks or even Carson City! In the meantime I think I'll go have a drink with Festus, Doc, Chester and Miss Kitty over at the Longbranch (or Cal Neva).
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Nov Fri 01, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

Mammothgambler
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Fri 01, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Mammoth!
stan_allen

PostPosted: Nov Mon 04, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: A new pipe dream for animated gif-meets-visitreno.com Reply with quote

So, Dave - as our newest COO and resident gif-animator-in-chief, how about a wacky new project? (Or did you already do this, and I only remember it in a distant haze? If that's the case, just re-post it, so I can enjoy it again.)

A slot machine graphic that contains all the visitreno.com message board member's icons - one that actually spins the reels, then stops with randomized combinations of the icons - with a special win, of course, for coming up with three Blazing 7's.

That could be the masthead for the message board page, or something - sorry, I'm really daydreaming this time! Didn't mean to burden you with so many more new responsibilities at visitreno.com - I know how it is already, what with preparing and filing the 10-Qs, the various legal compliance ordinances, the community engagement and patrol department, the budget, and especially, the catering. I personally voted in favor of your executive compensation package, though I had to abstain in the ratification of the public accounting firm, since that particular group didn't handle my offshore holdings very well - anyway, kudos! Keep up the great stewardship!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Mon 04, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Your wish is my command! Reply with quote

Stan, thanks for acknowledging my heavy workload/burden. I'll see what I can do about getting that old Avatar slot to spin. Random stops is a whole other ball game. I'll have to confess that computer programming is not one of my specialties. However there may be a way .....

Here's a link back to the post that contained the original idea http://www.visitreno.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1812
PEB

PostPosted: Nov Mon 04, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats BC Dave! Very Happy
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Mon 04, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Peb!
stan_allen

PostPosted: Nov Tue 05, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Now, that's a slot we'd all play... Reply with quote

THAT'S THE ONE! I knew I hadn't dreamt it up...

Now, make those reels spin, for our final avatar-based glory!

Or, put it on the wish list...

Hey, as a Canadian, don't you have access to that shady computer firm that got the six-hundred-something-million-dollar contract to build healthcare.gov? We don't have that kind of budget, of course, but we should be able to put aside, say, fifty million, which will at least enable to build a site that crashes just as well as the Canadian gun registry...

Thanks!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 05, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Nope - no can access. Reply with quote

You're right up on your Canuck news Stan!

I worked a while on the Avi-Slot last night and I think I'll have it running before too long. I'm not sure that we'll be able to stop it once it starts spinning though.

Hey, who said you could put your cigarette out! This is a no-non-smoking site ya know!

Moderator BC Dave
stan_allen

PostPosted: Nov Wed 06, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you're right! And guess what, it's just about that time of year again..let me suit up, here...

Now, how does the song go? "Don we now our gray apparel", or some such thing...eh, call Hallmark; they oughta know...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: