Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Birthday Mr. Reno!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Fri 24, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Yeah, right Reply with quote

M, I'm not concerned with the past. it's the future that has me terrified.
sockmonkey

PostPosted: May Fri 24, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as you should be..
jerry

PostPosted: May Fri 24, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Yeah, right Reply with quote

john wrote:
M, I'm not concerned with the past. it's the future that has me terrified.

at your age, you don't have much of a future to worry about.

(thanks for the nice words anyhow.) and thanks for getting me back on here. unfortunately I have to go eat dinner with my lovely bride, then hit the hot tub, then ... oops, outta time. end of report just when it was getting interesting too.

I love and miss everyone on this board.
Thanks John for making it the nicest board I have ever found.
YOU ARE INDEED THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jerry

PostPosted: May Fri 24, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh, that ALL felt really good. I am ready to fight the world. Atlas Shrugged.. or some such thingy.
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: May Sat 25, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, Mr. WebMaster! (albeit a bit late..)

And thank you for this awesome board! It's the only one I regularly read (for ANY topic) and it always feels like I'm at the Cal-Neva Sky Bar when I'm on here... as Irene Cara sweetly sang back in the 80s, What a Feeling! Now where's Johnny with my Bloody Mary?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Sat 25, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Awww, shucks Reply with quote

Thanks for the b-day wishes, everyone and for the kind words about the board. And thanks everyone, for making it what it is. There is one rule here: be nice, and everyone is. In the 13 or so years this board has been active, there has never been a member flaming another member. We've had disagreements and criticisms, but that's part of interacting with others. Now, that sockmonkey - she needs a firm talking to.

Thanks again, and keep on posting.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Jun Mon 10, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Also... Reply with quote

Though this post was all about our esteemed overlord John, I wish to call special attention and congratulations to BCDave, for yet another masterpiece of iconography.

Brilliant! Lord, how I wish some licensing company would build one, just one, machine like this for us board members to play....

Great work, as always, Dave!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Mon 10, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks Stan! Reply with quote

Thanks Stan, for the nice compliment - I assume, then, that you didn't mind being the "scatter" bonus icon. Alison was just had to be the "wild" card. Thanks to everybody else for the compliments. But of course, ultimate thanks go to our "Mr. Reno" for making all this possible.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Tue 11, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Agreed Reply with quote

You're right about BCD's amazing talent(s). I'm considering hiring him to design graphics for my websites. If only I could afford him...
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Tue 11, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Opportunity? Reply with quote

John, rates are very negotiable. (An Awful Awful per visit would be a good opening bid).
VAPA

PostPosted: Jun Tue 11, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, you do a good job and are to be recognized for what you do.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Tue 11, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Not fair, Dave Reply with quote

BC Dave wrote:
John, rates are very negotiable. (An Awful Awful per visit would be a good opening bid).
Well, BCD, you don't leave much room for negotiation. Where would I start negotiations on that offer? I have it: I counter with an awful awful, but I keep the fries. Now we're getting somewhere. This is exciting!

Thanks for the kind words, VAPA. I enjoy doing it, so I keep on going. I've really met some nice folks on this board and enjoy spending time with them when they come into town. Are you listening, Alison?
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Tue 11, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Hmmmm.. Reply with quote

John wrote:
I counter with an awful awful, but I keep the fries.

Hmmm, maybe I don't get this negotiation stuff. I know - All I want is a small coke! There, I've backed you into a corner, haven't I?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Wed 12, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: The war is on Reply with quote

Man, you are tough, but I am shrewd - a true master of the bargaining table. There's no way I can justify giving you a small Coke, so I'm forced to counter with this WallyPower 118. I just hope I'm not losing you.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Wed 12, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Sorry! Reply with quote

No way man! That thing has three quarters the power of the 550 ft ship I used to work on. And it only goes three times as fast? Somethings screwy. I want my small Coke - even if it's mainly ice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: