Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre trip report for Hot August Nights, 2013

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAPA

PostPosted: May Sun 19, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Pre trip report for Hot August Nights, 2013 Reply with quote

Another year as a volunteer at HAN.I was fortunate enough to have a RR ticket (SW) to cover the airfare, so just taxes. So on August 3, ORF - RNO. Still haven't booked August 3 room, August 4-8 @ Harrah's, Kayak (Priceline $23.10 pn not including tax) and an upgrade to the West Tower. Then on to John Ascauga's, August 8, $29 +. On August 9 off to LAS this I'll buy. A little time in LAS then home on my RR ticket. So a pretty cheap trip to RNO.
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: May Wed 22, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are rockin' cheap prices for rooms! Our first trip to Reno, nothing was available in Reno so we went to JA Nugget - it was a more than decent place to stay. However, we started getting room offers after that first visit for downtown and well, we finally settled into the funk of the Cal-Neva... free room anytime! And we still get competing offers and calls from different hosts over there - we're on our third official host (Tommy). We have been getting some fantastically unprofessional letters loaded with grammar errors and whatnot on cheap printer paper (not even on letterhead!). Ahh, the glorious Cal-Neva...
VAPA

PostPosted: May Thu 23, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always good to hear from you and the prices well they speak for themselves.
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: May Sat 25, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you stay when in LV? Are you a fan of downtown or do you hit the strip?
VAPA

PostPosted: May Sat 25, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually stay downtown and occassionaly visit the Pep and Atlantis and GSR but most time is spent downtown. Since, I've stayed at the Pep, Sands Regency, CC, Eldo, Ascaugas and Harrah's my favorite is the Pep because it sems more festive and the service is great.
VAPA

PostPosted: Jun Sun 16, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally booked my room for August 3 on Tingo (great site) for $49 + tax and no service fee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: