Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March Madness update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bama

PostPosted: Feb Fri 10, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: March Madness update Reply with quote

Dave - if the season ended today 'Bama and Washington would make the tourney! Both holding on by a thread. 'Bama is charging - Huskies are holding on. Nevada would be in, Gonzaga's in-- Those are the four I want in for added excitement.

Make your money on the money line!
Dave

PostPosted: Feb Wed 15, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Ben it is really looking like it should be a fun tournament as always.
I think Nevada will definitely be in the tourney. How big of a group are you going down with? Cal Neva should be nuts!
Bama

PostPosted: Feb Thu 16, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like just me and my brother but sometimes Gambill jumps on these things at the last minute.

'Bama lost Tuesday and still has Tenn and Florida - They need one more upset/quality win to get in. 5 left - I believe they need to win 3 which would make them 17-11.
Will be a tough road - I believe they are NIT bound.

Huskies bounced back well against the So Cal schools but have little room for error. I think their RPI is 42 right now.
mustangmike

PostPosted: Feb Mon 20, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bama, I notice you and I have the same tradition of making the trek to Reno for March Madness at the Cal Neva. Me and a good friend/coworker make the drive to Reno Wednesday night from Fresno CA, getting into town around 5am Tursday. This will be our sixth consecutive year. We've had some scary drives over the mountain in snow storms, but its always worth it. Nothing beats being there when the tourney tipoffs start.
Not sure if you have a room yet. The room rates seem pretty high this year. I think it is due to the bowling tounament being in town. I found a room at the Fritz for $34, on their website. Everything else was at least double that.
I hope Bama makes it to the dance. Fresno State is having a dismal year, and is on post season probation anyways, so I be will rooting for our WAC rival Nevada Wolf pack.

See you there,
Mike
Bama

PostPosted: Feb Mon 20, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awseome - this will be my 5th straight year. Hope to see ya at the Cal Neva - Dave from this site also arrives every year for the tourney- Should be a blast.
'Bama had a huge win over #10 Tennessee who had the #3 RPI.
Looking Good,

Ben
evandors

PostPosted: Feb Mon 20, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonazaga alumni here...I got to tell you I would not bet against the Bulldogs
Bama

PostPosted: Feb Mon 20, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have won money betting against them the last two years. Took the points with Winthrop and the money line with texas tech last year and won on the money line with Nevada. I did not have Wyoming what 4 years ago. So three out of the last four they have been upset and have not made the sweet 16 the last 4.
I am rooting for them living in the Northwest but that terrible conference does nothing to get them ready for tourney play. Hopefully Morrison will take them farther this year- but i will most likely be taking the points against who they play as the Zags do not play good defense.
Dave

PostPosted: Feb Mon 20, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike glad to hear your are heading to Reno for the tournament. The Fitz should be great as you will be in the middle of it all. Funny no matter who you are rooting for in my opinion there isn't a more exciting sporting event then March Madness. 65 teams down to one! I enjoyed watching the Zags beat Pepperdine tonight and I have to admit as much as I love them their Def. makes me nervous. Then again if you are in a shootout you have to love having Morrison on your side. Ben you have to explain betting the $ line. I usually do ok betting the games but get screwed cause I always try to dream big and parlay.
I hope you guys are thirsty cause I heard Jerry and John are buying the first couple rounds! Wink
Bama

PostPosted: Feb Tue 21, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money Line is a wager where you do not take the points or "the line". For example if Washington is favored to lose by 3 (+3) they will have a number next to the bet like +180 or +220. That means for every $100 bet you win $180.00 or $220.00 plus your $100.00 back. You can also bet the money line on the favorites but you do not win much money. It is a good bet when you believe an underdog will just win the game and you are not interested in points. If a team is a 1,2,3 point underdog you might as well play the money line -- as you win much more. Try a parlay with money line bets and you will see some huge payouts. You could do a two team parlay taking the money line on both teams and with a $10.00 bet win $40 ro $50 depending on the spread. Some money lines will be huge - in the 300 or 400's if they are substantial underdogs. My friend hit a 5 team parlay last year with 3 straight bets and 2 money lines and for $10.00 it paid over $500.00.
I would love to show you some of the ways to make money line bets and different parlays. Remember you can parlay virtually anything and only need a minimum of 2 games. I make more money on straight bets but do a lot of big parlays hoping for a JACKPOT!

See Ya,

Ben
Bama

PostPosted: Feb Tue 21, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Room rates were a little high and they were selling out fast. I am at the Sands for 4 nights with air from Seattle for $317.00. That was picking the times I wanted to fly - arrive at 3:00 ish p.m. and leave around noon. I could have made it cheaper with crappy flights.
mustangmike

PostPosted: Feb Tue 21, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, I'm really looking forward to it. Not that knowledgable in college basketball, mainly go for the roadtrip, atmosphere, and beer.

See you there,
Mike
Bama

PostPosted: Feb Wed 22, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike, Dave, John, and whoever are we going to meet somewere for an adult beverage during our March trip? If it is at Shooters I believe we will need John there to give us an edge. I know I will see Dave and friends as we are both staying at the Sands.
Mike you are right the atmosphere is great during the tourney and also with St. Patricks day. With the bowling tourney getting started there should be lots of action!
Dave

PostPosted: Feb Wed 22, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben, thanks for the help on the $ line. I haven't ever tried to bet that way and I will definitely give it a shot. I usually just get so carried away with 3 & 4 team parlays and there is always one game that screws it up! I think that would be great to get together for a beverage just let me know where and when.
Dave
Dave

PostPosted: Mar Wed 08, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben you got to be getting Jacked. One week away for you! It is sure fun to watch these league tourneys to see who get the automatic bid. We'll have to chat when the brackets come out. Hope all is well. Go Huskies!
Cool
Bama

PostPosted: Mar Wed 08, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir I am jacked!

3:00 Sunday is Bracket time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: