Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vegas to reno driving

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starfire62

PostPosted: Aug Fri 03, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: vegas to reno driving Reply with quote

me and 2 friends are flying into vegas on mon 8/6 and staying till wed morning.gonna then drive to reno for hot august nights.can anyone tell me if their is some nice way to go to reno from vegas.any special routes that are can't miss.any where along the way we must stop and see.anywhere nice to eat along the way. thanks.
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Aug Fri 03, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my. It's a LONG DRIVE. Pack a cooler, seriously, as there isn't anything along the route once you leave LV.... we did the trip last summer. Check out my post under Las Vegas and Other Inferior forum on this board!
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Aug Fri 03, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link - http://visitreno.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1411

And the driving portion of it all may be under my actual trip report in the Reno TR section if you go back a bit to that time frame...
CaSwede

PostPosted: Aug Fri 03, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: long day Reply with quote

Highway 95 North..... not much of anything to see, but you will make it.

One time I took the long scenic route. I drove through Death Valley, hooked up with highway 395 all the way to Reno. Now this is a beautiful drive along the edge of Sierra Nevada Mountains, but it will take all day......even more for stops. It was dark by the time I made it. It was strange to be driving below sea level in Death Valley, and then a few hours later looking at Mt. Whitney - over 14,000Ft.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Aug Fri 03, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay gassed up, make sure your spare tire(s) are in good working order, and plan on being without cell phone reception for a good leg of the journey! As some of the others might have mentioned, there's only a couple of stopoff points on the route.

As CaSwede mentioned - if you can get on the 395, the scenery alone will be worth it.

Mammothgambler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: