Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Day trip to pay respect to Robert Manz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Apr Fri 27, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Day trip to pay respect to Robert Manz Reply with quote

Hi, hope everyone is doing well!

OK, today I decided to stay outta trouble. Had to go back to Reno to pick up my repaired laptop (another failed logic board - jeez!) and wanted to save some funds for my upcoming Tahoe trip on Monday, so I was downtown by noon and back at the airport just in time to get back on the bus at 2:00.

Shooty was kind enough to provide a link here regarding the death of gaming genius Robert Manz, creator of the Blazing 7s machine and many others. Here's that link for those who haven't seen it:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/apr/25/influential-slot-machine-designer-dies-accident/

I decided today was the day to pay respect. Between Harrah's Reno and the Silver Legacy, I got these two $200 hits with a minimal amount of cash...it took a little bit of the "ouch factor" outta that last trip!

Rest in peace, Robert. You've truly influenced the gaming industry in a positive way. May your 7s blaze forever!

Mammothgambler
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Apr Sat 28, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen.
Zydeco

PostPosted: Apr Sun 29, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sun 29, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Nice goin' Mammoth! Reply with quote

Nice to see your luck return. Mr. Manz would be happy too. Happy
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Apr Sun 29, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Right on, I hope so! Tomorrow's the "free play" trip to Tahoe, and I'm also going downtown to Harrah's Reno and the Silver Legacy upon arrival to redeem my small amounts of free play there - you just never know.

When I was leaving Harrah's on Tuesday, I did notice that one of the Double Blazing 7s machines had a top progressive jackpot that was lurking unusually high - something I look for, because sometimes it's an indication that it hasn't paid out in a while and is ready to dump. Such was the case with the $1805 jackpot I hit at the Silver Legacy, but we'll see.

I also wanted to let everyone know that Harrah's has incorporated an updated, consistent part of their program regarding redeeming reward credits for free play. In the past, it's only gone down at certain properties and certain days of the week, but I was notified that they're now offering it everywhere and at any time. They'll basically give you half the value of your reward credits as the trade (example: I had $150 in reward credits, and got $75 of freeplay). They've also completely redesigned their iPhone/iPad Total Rewards app, and it's awesome, be sure to check it out!

The Silver Legacy has also updated their Star Rewards program where you can go up to their kiosk and interchange comps for free play and vice versa at any given time, which is great. I believe they also have something going on where you can customize your account automatically geared more towards free play or towards comps. Oh, I'm not sure if anyone has played The Mansion promotion over there, but they let you slide your card every few hours for a prize. I have about 20 free cups of coffee at Sips, so if you see me downtown, come get some coffee on the house! I'm trying to figure out how they unlock that money vault thing that blows all the cash around inside, but somebody walked outta there with over $35 grand last week. Like I said, you just never know...

Mammothgambler
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sun 29, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: The Mansion Reply with quote

I won a tee shirt from the Mansion. It's a medium (that's all they had) and I'm a medium but it's too small. Twenty cups of coffee though - that's another story. That could come in very handy after an all nighter!

And just a reminder Mammoth - Every spin on a slot has the same chance at the Jackpot, even if the progressive is higher than usual.....At least according to the gaming gurus. (But I wouldn't let that stop me.)
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: May Wed 02, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info BC Dave, yeah, at the end of the day, it's all down to that random number generator on the EPROM chip, but it seems like every time I've seen that scenario and HAVEN'T played it, I always see someone hitting the big one a short while later. EVERY SINGLE TIME! I actually saw the same scenario during my trip yesterday, got $500 among two hits thinking that was it, and wham - an hour later, somebody hit the progressive!

Lady Luck was kind again on that trip; I'll post a trip report and some more pics shortly! Oh yeah, and I'm not a coffee drinker, so that offer's open to everyone! I haven't gotten a complete list of the Mansion's prizes so it's good knowing they have other stuff up for grabs besides food products!

Mammothgambler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: